Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Your worst accident

vh-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS sedan and a VK DRGWGN
Streetvision said:
*pats you on the back whilst trying to stay as far as physicaly possible away from you* :p

big mistake there. i was doing a handstand at the time.

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
came off a bmx and the handle ripped my nipple off. stuck it back on with a couple of bandaids.

another one was on a dirt bike. went to fast into a chicane and went into a ditch and hit the side of a bridge. me and the bike flipped into the air and i landed on the bridge with the bike on top of me. swolen neck and jaw from the helmet strap. and took all the skin off one side of my arm from the wrist to the elbow. you could see the bone of my elbow there was so much skin missing. my cousin greened out trying to clean it for me so i sat there numb from shock and picked all the gravel out myself. wrapped it up and kept going to work for a week afterwards. went to the doctor to clean it after i got tranny fluid in the wound during a service and the doctor said if i'd left it any longer i'd have gotten gangrene and lost my arm.

a fair few others but those hurt the most. more then when i got hit by a car.

NOGEN 3

Reaction score
Members Ride
At the tender age of 10, left my little bro's(twins) in mothers car while she was shopping so I could go on my skateboard, only 2 c the car rolling down the hill in the carpark(little bastards tooled with the handbrake and took it outta 'P', so i legged it to the rear of the car to push against it coz it was still going slow, in order to stop it rolling any further. Because the old XY f$#d wagon was just a little bit bigger than me, it helped me b part of a car sandwhich, squashing me between the back of mums car and the other car I was trying to stop it from hitting. got outta it with a broken arm and a dumbass embarrased look on my face.
Oh and a plaster cast on my right arm...:embarrass :rofl:

I was involved in a couple of good car accidents/incidents, but never as a driver (howzabout a 720 @ 120 on lonsdale road(SA) Dopey missus thought the cars had stopped at the traffic lights 'n hit the picks, but they're about 500meters further down the road funnily enough, she wears glasses now)

Was in a bad 1 in North Adelaide where1 or 2 guys died(can remember, I know 1 did 4 days l8er from head injuries. I never knew the mercedes gloveboxes were made of metal 'till I saw the knee dents in it. Not 2 mention the smashed windscreen where the driver 'n front passengers heads hit, not 2 mention the indian woman with her ass on the floor of the car 'n her legs over the trans tunnel, head on the seat(looked like her neck was broken), holding a baby in her arms- not 1 single seat belt in sight. the 2 pissedminders in the HQ wagon that caused the head on were OK but I still remember the screaming and this clown laughing 4 a few seconds, then crying 4 a couple then laughing(It was the shock apparently)
I was in a m8's 200 cortina, he was still on his 'P's 'n I was just getting over his excursion (we were the 'original' drifters, Ah, the 80's :rofl: )off a dirt track near Hallet Cove BMX track, thru a wire fence 'n on2 Lonsdale road 'n nearly in2 the oncoming traffic in a 100k zone....bloody idiot

Hope his driving improved alot since then-considering he's driving around in an 351 XY with a T trim on it.......

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
I've had a couple of slideout's.. the two three accidents I've ever had as follows:

Peak hour taffic in Scoresby (for S/E Melbournian's, we'll know thats murder of traffic) I thought I'd show my mate a bit of wheelspin action, I had JUST bought a set of BRAND NEW directionals.. (I wasn't told about the silocon compound on the tires).. arse end FLEW out, I over corrected, ended up on median strip facing traffic in peak hour.

Second, ran up arse of ute during wet weather, no damage apart from bent number plate and smashed numberplate cover (and of course, ego..)

Third and hopefully last. Trying to be a dirt hero (drifting around a dirt corner).. backend didn't fly out like I had wanted it to, straight into pine pole! Still waring the damage of a dinted in quater panel

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
heh...had a few....

There is one that I no longer talk about. I mentioned it once on here. If you search some of my first posts on this forum you will find it.

One was back in my Rally days. The car in front of me had spun out so I managed to catch upto him and I wanted to pass him. So in all my gun ho'ness I put two wheels up onto an embankment on my left and passed him. As I came back down I hit a patch of SOFT gravel and spun the car off to the right and piroutted the car on it's nose down the other side of the embankment. When I reached the bottom the car flipped twice before coming to rest on it's wheels. I still thank someone everyday for rollcages and harnesses. Walked out of that one with a sore neck, a bad back (still to this day) and heavily bruised ego.

One day I was driving home in the wet on this narrow one way street when this woman pulled out in front of me giving me no chance to even think about brakes. I plowed the bullbar on my subaru straight through the side of her brand new VX and pushed the wheel hard up against the motor. She admitted she was at fault immediatly and asked for my insurance details. I asked why she needed my details when she was at fault, got in my car and drove off. The Subarus bullbar had a little chunk of metal taken out of it. I even had the front inspected and it was fine. Subaru 1 VX 0

I got sent to Tasmania with my company to do some work when I got the call that we had a vehicle down and was waiting to leave Launceston. I was about an hour away from Launceston so I rushed as quick as I could. I wasn't speeding because I wasn't worried about cops but moreso about the GPS tracking system my boss has me in install into the BA ute. Although I wasn't speeding I certainly wasn't slowing down for corners and I certainly didn't slow down for the corner that was covered in black ice. Tree 1 BA 0 right leg -3

But the accident that REALLY PISSED ME OFF was when I caught a woman touh parking against my Subaru two weeks ago. I yelled at her to stop and she looked at me and said "There fenders, that what they were made for" She touched the car HARD and then drove off.

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
bumpers are for when you want that last inch of skid to be soft.

touch parking is stupid, though im not brave enough to try it in my car

roobar ^_^

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Well if we are counting non damage stacks then I put my VN in a ditch (twice) and had a good stack at about 70km/h on my motorbike on an slime covered dirt road near some big sand dunes, landed on my head :p everything started to go black when my neck stretched too far, another couple centimeters stretch and I think things might have been unhappy, took a while to get my back straight again. I also fell off the top of a 100 foot tall pine tree once but bashed into and grabed onto a branch before I fell to the bottom (phew) that was so long ago it feels like a dream now but I wrote a story about it when I was little just after it happened for school and my mum read it and said to me, this isn't just a story is it :bop:. Once a drunk South Australian dude was rallying sideways on the grass at the local beach in a Yellow XA/B/C GS and I had to dive over the bonnet and side of his car to stop getting run over, scared me allmost to death and then he stoped the car pissed as with a beer in his hand, shook my hand and said sorry aobut that mate and drove off :confused:, if he reads this site then "Hello crazy Falcon dude" :wave:

spauldj308

S Pack Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S sedan 5L, VSII ute
Ok..here we go.

I was with my dad in his VS ute when we had to go tow my uncles car, cause he blew the motor. We had the car on a trailer and were coming down a hill when the trailer got a little wobbly. Dad planted it, but the wobbles got worse and threw my uncles car off the trailer.
My uncles car freewheeled backwards along next to my dads for a second, before rolling across the cab of my dads ute. Smashed the back window, dented the rof, very close. The my dads ute ended up on a bank between two very deep ditches.
It was fairly scary.