Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Youth Allowance

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
how about getting a job? i grew up on a farm, the income for my parents was high, but the money they had to put back in was high as well. the actual money in their pocket was **** all. i get off my arse, went into town and got a job.
there money i made working well and truly outpayed what centrelink could have given me, even if i were entitled to cetrelink.

i assume your mum cant work for some reason, whats stopping you?

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
failing that see what you can cut back on...

you have 2 years before you can drive, my first car was a $800 datsun, if money is a problem head down that path. it was a damn reliable car with parts almost given to me when i needed them.

do either of you smoke? got the austar on? got the internet on? take a cut lunch to school, dont drink as much on weekends etc etc etc.
there are ways, trust me, ive done it with little or no money at times, but ill be the last to whinge because you make of it what you will - in the end its up to you to crawl away from the crib and stand on your own two feet.

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
thanx heaps for the tips guys. yes i suppose what troy said.. priorities first. mum does work but most money goes into rent which is easier due to her pension, but when she loses her pension its going to be hard. and no im not currrantly working but would like to find something soon. i had a quick word to mum and she said i can have it but that means i would have to pay for skool (what its for), clothes.etc. and what hozy said "If I ever "needed" something, I got it".. its not going to be that easy in my situation. :cry:

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
mum smokes which iv been trying to get her to quit (not easy), take food from home to school, no austar, $30/month internet and drink here and there

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
TheForgotten said:
If it's really an issue, you can get a job and your mum can get a reduced amount, even if your still at school

would you be able to explain that to me in detail?

and btw, does anyone know exactly how much youth allowance is?

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
sorry to sound like a prick, but get yourself a job man...it doesnt have to be glamourous, places like maccas and kfc,etc.. will hire just about anyone.
sure you have to get off you ass and do some work, instead of just filling in the youth allowance form each fortnight...but it will do you a work of good to get the experience of working and making your own money, a step towards independance.

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
nah, you dont sound like a prick. i got no prob with getting off my ass. dont really want to work at maccas, kfc and btw i live bout half an hour away from the closest maccas which is lilydale. i live in the yarra valley near warburton and theres not much. there is an auto parts shop in woori yallock a few towns away. should check it out :thumbsup:

Tom04

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs S2
how much youth allowence depends on how much your parents or in your case your mum earns so there is no set amount. my friend only gets $18.02 cas his dad earns to much.

if you have a part time job yourself then you dont recieve as much

daveb8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
i have a few friends on it. one gets $260 per fortnight not sure about the others

try to get a job thats close to cut down on fuel

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
after having a conversation with bryan (cold_carve), i have decided to let mum have it.. will turn out better later on with our current circumstances :) ok.. my mates will have extra spending money but their in different situations :)

Thanx Heaps Everyone :thumbsup: