Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Youth Allowance

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
F centrelink? itd be like that if they werent giving you guys anything at all. i love centrelink. its great to know that a 3rd of my wage is helping to bring up illegitimate children, pay peoples austar and help no hopers all over this country of ours afford drugs.

in answer to your question, i personally got the impression your mum cant work by you saying she was on a pension. Id have thought that working 'most' days a week, 9-5 would leave her **** all chance of getting any payment.

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
vlv8vic said:
itd be like that if they werent giving you guys anything at all.
thats what it feels like.. they will cut mums pension as soon as im 16 which has helped us greatly over the years. but mums currant wage and my lousy youth allowance isnt going to get us far. yes im going to have to work for my 'wants' but its about time i should start to work anyway.

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
im sure if you and your mum are struggling a bit you well let your mum have the money. My parents did the same. they were exatcly struggling but they just decided to. They just gave me 20 a week and i got a part time job. My suggestion, look for part time work doesnt have to be a fast food restaurant

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
To clarify, I think when he says his mum's pension will be cut, but she is working fulltime, he is referring to the Family Tax benefits working parents and single parents on low incomes get on top of their wages. Once a child turns 16 these payments cease and the child is eligible for youth allowance, which is also means tested. The Youth Allowance can be paid to the parents or you can still get Family Tax benefits if the child is still at school.

C.

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
azzfox said:
hey all,
at the moment i am 15 turning 16 in december. i live with my mum with no brothers or sisters. when i turn 16 centerlink will be cutting mums pension and were gonna be living life the hard way. mates have been telling me that when you turn 16 you get youth allowance which is about $150-$200 a fortnight to help you with whatever. so i went and asked mum if that was true and she told me that she can and will be claiming it instead of me :cry:. i felt like i was getting the rough end of the stick so i did a few searches on the net and found nothing about that my mum could claim it. now i feel like im gettin the sharp end of the stick. if anyone has any info on this that would help heaps. thanx...
who has payed for your cloths, meals, bed, power, computer, internet, schooling, diapers, blankets, ect... you getting where i am coming from?
its not spending money for a 16 y.o.
its to help with accociated costs and what not to make being a low income family easier.
i dont want to pay for your pocket money with my f**king tax's!
start working and you will share my view.

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
azzfox said:
hey all,
at the moment i am 15 turning 16 in december. i live with my mum with no brothers or sisters. when i turn 16 centerlink will be cutting mums pension and were gonna be living life the hard way. mates have been telling me that when you turn 16 you get youth allowance which is about $150-$200 a fortnight to help you with whatever. so i went and asked mum if that was true and she told me that she can and will be claiming it instead of me :cry:. i felt like i was getting the rough end of the stick so i did a few searches on the net and found nothing about that my mum could claim it. now i feel like im gettin the sharp end of the stick. if anyone has any info on this that would help heaps. thanx...

student allowance is correct! my dad gets mine coz were poor and centrelink say a 60yo criple man CAN work and CAN find a job. arent they just ****s!

but in saying that, i get my own supply of money by working.

yobbo88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH commodore SL wagon 253
my situation is a lot like everyone elses here... 450+ a week on rent then food then i have a 16 yr old and 2 yr old sister in the house (friggin baby costs a fair packet) im entitled to almost 350 a fortnight cause i have some serious situations my way but i signed it all to mum. ive been working since i was 11 its not hard to find work if you try and it feels better when my account is full of my own money. and it might be a personal question to ask your mum but see how she is in other areas... i found out my mum owes 15000 to tax man cause of her business activity statement not getting paid and now interest is killing her. lifes hard thats why everyone works. i know azzfox has made up his mind but anyone on centrelink give it to your mum her needs outway yours by a mile in most cases

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
Ive got youth allowance. I get $165 a fornight. Thats to pay off my car loan and stuff. But i have another job to pay for other things like doing up my car and going out. I have to buy all my clothes etc...... with that money aswell.

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
see that is what i dont get.
There are people out there who need to money to pay rent and buy food, ok fair enough, give them the money because it's for essential things.
Then there are people who get the money because they can, (coolvncommodore for example), you are getting $165 a fortnight to pay off a car loan and other 'stuff'. I dont see that as essential, you could've got a cheaper car, you could go out less etc etc, you are getting money to make your life more comfortable because you can.
It's that attitude which screws the system and is why may tax payers think their taxes get wasted. I'm not saying you dont nneed the cash, the government says you do so ok, so be it, i just think from the ways you describe your spending habits you dont 'need' it as bad as the government thinks.

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
well if he earnt a full wage (enough to live off of from the governments opinions) he wouldnt be eligible for youth allowance, so he can earn like $236/fortnight (i think) before his youth allowance goes down, then with the more he earns, the less he gets from the government which i think is fair

but i no it must suck for those who have worked themselves up 2 a decent job with good pay just 2 have the government take heaps out for tax, but think back to when u were struggling and how much u relied on the government, it may be the only way u got 2 where u are now, ok some ppl may never have had 2 at all, and all i can say is that ur lucky