Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Youtube.com and the like videos. - KEEP IT LEGAL PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
According to CBS Los Angeles, non-essential work and all social gatherings must stop at 2200 hours to 0500 hours. The demonstration billed as "Curfew Breakers" began at 2201 hours, precisely one minute after the new curfew went into effect on the beachside community. The curfew was also imposed on 41 of California's 58 counties to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6

Watched this one last week.
That Hoonicorn is fast !!

Twin turbo....plus AWD
You can see how fast he gets her off the start line....for a heavy piece of metal :cool::oops:

Watched it again...yeah that Senna is quick off the start :)
The bonus round, Ken gets a good line start..

Last edited:
Reactions: Lex

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
If you saw the movie Contact and James Bond's "Golden Eye"... the Radio Telescope Dish shown in the movies is located in Puerto Rico. Visited 2 times, when I was a kid and a couple years ago.

I wonder if is going to be fixed. The facility was strugling with funding.

My little bro told me, the gov received $12 Million, nobody knows where the cash end up, stolen as usual by crooked politicians.

Last edited:

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
If you saw the movie Contact and James Bond's "Golden Eye"... the Radio Telescope Dish shown in the movies is located in Puerto Rico. Visited 2 times, when I was a kid and a couple years ago.

I wonder if is going to be fixed. The facility was strugling with funding.

My little bro told me, the gov received $12 Million, nobody knows where the cash end up, stolen as usual by crooked politicians.

Amazing video footage...
If anything happens with this telescope, I reckon they should build a brand new state of the art telescope.
It was built in the 1960's, repairing it would be a waste of time/money.
Go new, go Star Trek on it or forget it and let the forest grow over it.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
For what I gather, my brother goes a lot to PR and my son has some mates from there. They said the Radio Telescope is Obsolete, is not longer useful. So the US Fed Gov decided just to let it rot. The people that runs it are trying to find work for it and engaged on the SETI program. After years of finding nothing, the funds were pulled. The Fed Gov sent a team to take an assesment on the condition and found it not cost effective to repair. Keep in mind, PR is an island, Arecibo is a coastal municipality, the telescope is like 20 or so miles inland, also, is Tropical, corrosion is always a fight. Even with that, the Fed Gov gave $12 Millions for up keep, end it on some other pocket. By the way, the black blotches on the dish is actually mold. Is not a solid dish, is a mesh. The mold does not interfere with the radio waves, so I was told on my last visit.

A meme joke from the island.

Its says.... "The PR Giv invest $12.3 Million on the new Radio Telescope in Arecibo."

Direct TV is a Satelite "Cable" service provider.

IMG-20201203-WA0004.jpg

Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.