Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

yt roller rockers

vs-6

Raptorcharged VS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S pac V6
have just recently put a st in 1.9 inlet 1.95 exhaust and the motor is ticking now is this because of carbon build up and will it go away i currently have a bottle of lifter noise **** in it as i thought it may be carbon build up and its meant to get rid of it a bit any help would be great

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
Post in Sponsors section to Yella Terra themselves

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Has the car got aftermarket headers? I'd be guessing yes. Because the rockers increase lift and the valves open and shut a little quicker they do make extra noise at idle. There is also the mechanical paranoia thing. V6s are known for noisy injectors and after having work done it's easy to pay too much attention all of a sudden :D

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
Grab your self a small section of garden hose, and put it upto your ear and other end very close to parts of the motor to see where the noise is coming from, I put money on extractors like above.

vs-6

Raptorcharged VS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S pac V6
yer im not that worried about it i mean it still goes just wondering if any1 has had similar noise its jsut a ticking only really hear it on idle coz one motor gets up to speed it goes to fast to hear was just thinking maybe i didnt do it right sorta lost the instructions so just got my uncle (mechanic) to give me a hand.

vn calais manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais, vs clubsport #137
from reading your other post, you havnt got the corect lifter preload.

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
its prob a small hole in your exhaust, so many engine ticking noise come from this check your extractors and the flange face for black soot escaping

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Make sure you torque em up with that cylinder on the comp stroke (both valves closed) this way you can get an accurate reading and everything stays in the right place while you do it.

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
when i installed mine a while ago i forgot to pre oil them so when i started it up it made a bit of a ticking noise and at the time i thought they were hitting my metal rocker covers but after i let it idle a bit the ticking went away, but since you have been driving around a bit it might be something else