Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

yy ls1 engine check light

ttdamez

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 calais 5.7l v8
2003 vy 5.7l ls1 hi all, engine check light came on today beeping and flashing at me ,car been running fine ,no recent work done ,ran my obd2 scanner no codes ,disconnected battery checked terminals all good ,light still comes on ,engine starts and runs fine no misses spits smoke or anything ?fan still comes on starter motor seems fine not sure what else to check .any ideas b appreciated

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
My VX SS has only done 93,000km, the engine light came on several months back, so whilst I was out I popped into the mechanic I use and he had a Snap-On scan tool and it said the oil pressure switch was faulty, ordered a new one in from Holden and light went out, been fine ever since.
Not cheap though I think the switch was around $100 to $120.

ttdamez

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 calais 5.7l v8
cheers plugged mine in no codes checked leads plugs,gas cap starter motor as now car turning over like flat battery but is fully charged also key lock is feeling like there is no resistance when you turn key to start ,it doesnt spring back

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
cheers plugged mine in no codes checked leads plugs,gas cap starter motor as now car turning over like flat battery but is fully charged also key lock is feeling like there is no resistance when you turn key to start ,it doesnt spring back
Are you sure scanner actually reads Holden LS1 codes, most of them don't, they just say "no codes found" even if you know there are codes.

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
Are you sure scanner actually reads Holden LS1 codes, most of them don't, they just say "no codes found" even if you know there are codes.

That's what I was thinking, I watched the mechanic program his Snap-On scan tool when he connected to my VX SS, he put in lots of details, make, model, year built, engine type etc and within a couple of seconds it came up on the screen as a faulty Oil Pressure Switch.

ttdamez

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 calais 5.7l v8
yes it read it last time with short spark duration cylinder 5 so put new plugs in and all good

ttdamez

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 calais 5.7l v8
That's what I was thinking, I watched the mechanic program his Snap-On scan tool when he connected to my VX SS, he put in lots of details, make, model, year built, engine type etc and within a couple of seconds it came up on the screen as a faulty Oil Pressure Switch.
yep you guys were right took car to shop had it plugged in and wala engine oil pressure switch faulty cheers

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V