Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Z Bar Bushes - common fault?

kinga

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
Just got my vz back from a service today, had a call from the service guy at lunch time ( the usual late morning-lunchtime call to say what other problems they have found during the service!) to say that a z bar bush had failed. I did a bit of research and I believe it is also called a radius rod bush among other things.
Anyway, It was fixed under extended warranty so I wasnt too worried, but when I went to pick the car up, the guy next to me was also picking up his commo, and overheard the other service clerk telling him they had replaced his z bar bush under warranty too!
Just wanted to see if this was such a common occurance and if they did need replacing, or whether they are making us feel warm and fuzzy in that we are getting something out of our extended warranty!
I took a look underneath( it was after 5:30 so didnt get a good look) and couldnt see a distinctly new bush, I will need to have a good look during the day.