Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Z series SS ute 2013 rim question

Patossz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS Z Series Ute
Hey guys,
recently took delivery of my ss z series ute and was just curious about the rims
from what ive seen from a distance on other z series utes the rims are completely grey/charcoal,
however the face of these seem to be silver?
just wondering if this is normal for the z series ss as i was under the assumption they have the charcoal rims or whether im just being paranoid

Attachments

• rim.jpg
    rim.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 929

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
I think you've got the newer machined face versions that come out on the last of the VE models.

SV6Thunder

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SV6 Thunder
yep latest models of the 'Z' series commodores have the machined face instead of the grey/charcoal look

Aussie Willy

Coal Miner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline 2012
Is it true, holden bring out weird (Z series) models at the end of production to use up all there left over stock in anticipation of new model?

Fake edit: I rely don't mean "weird" but I couldn't think of a better word at the time.

Shm1ck

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Thunder Ute
Seeing that these rims were originally Series 1 SSV rims, then painted and called Thunder Mags, then moved onto the Z Series and now finally machined faced. What will they call them when they fit them to a VF? Lol

My limited edition Thunder Mags are no more :(

Patossz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS Z Series Ute
feel sorry for ya schmick.. have noticed thunder rims got really cheap and common really quick..
was hoping to pick up a full size spare cheap and then ended up with different rims lol >.<
these really grew on me tho so guess ill have to find someone selling a single late z series rim

Shm1ck

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Thunder Ute
Cheers mate, I even know someone who purchased a set of these to fit to his sports wagon before the Z Series was announced. He did it to look different, waste of money now!