Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ZaRnOws Phantom Black VT Exec

Z

ZaRnOw

UPDATE!!!!!!!!! NEW WHEELS FINALLY, Speedy Cheetas 18inch with Achillies ATR Sport from bob janes for $1350 (also locknuts and wheel alignment).

About 10 months or so I Picked up my first real car for $5,000, previously had a 1992 Executive Camry, which was a brilliant car.
The VT Was a bit pricey but however the paint, plus it is in great condition, haven't had to repair any major problems after buying it, body is in great nick to, has got some tiny scratches from driving it through the hills. It was purchased stock as a rock, besides the lowered suspension and lil 15" Alloys.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

UPDATE: New wheels: Speedy Cheetas 18inch with Achillies ATR Sport from bob janes for $1350 (also locknuts and wheel alignment)

zarnow-albums-2000-sii-phantom-black-vt-executive-recent-picture111396-caption.jpg

(MODS + Old Wheels 15" CSA Edge - Gunmetal Machine - Came when purchased)

The rundown.

Name: Ty
Model: VT Executive S2
Year: 2000
Payed: $5000
Odometer when purchased: 170000
Colour: Factory Phantom Black (KO25)
Engine Type: Ecotec V6
Engine Mods: None
Exhaust: Well Hung 2.5" Sports Exhaust
Gearbox: 4-speed Auto
Suspension: SLs I'm pretty sure (Came when purchased)
Wheels/Tyres: 15" CSA Edge - Gunmetal Machine (Came when purchased)
Update: Speedy Cheetas 18inch with Achillies ATR Sport from bob janes for $1350

Stereo:
Headunit: Cheapo $140 Ebay Touchscreen

Other Mods:
-Blue LED Dash Conversion
-VX Boot Garnish
-Cheapo Altezzas
-Darkest Legal tint
-Colour coded my side strips and side skirts, however it has faded.

Future Mods
-CV8R Taillights
-VX Front bar + Fog Lamps
-VT SS Skirts and rear bar
-Monaro Headlights or Angel Eyes or VX SS lights
-A really good detail, get rid of every tiny scratch.
-17", 18" or 19" wheels
-Monaro Peddles
-Paint engine cover Phantom Black.

However there is so much I would love to do with this car but I am not going to do any particular modifications under the hood, because in the future I plan to get a good old nice V8. Most likely will not bother with the sound system either. Exhaust sounds great, wish start up was louder.
Also need to replace my belt, got coolent on it when I last serviced it, makes a hell bad noise now haha. Will chuck a picture up of the engine bay later on.

zarnow-albums-2000-sii-phantom-black-vt-executive-picture111091-when-i-purchased.jpg

zarnow-albums-2000-sii-phantom-black-vt-executive-picture110404-what-looked-like-when-i-purchased-came-rims-lowered-suspension-everything-else-stock-vt.jpg

zarnow-albums-2000-sii-phantom-black-vt-executive-picture110406-what-looked-like-when-i-purchased-came-rims-lowered-suspension-everything-else-stock-vt.jpg

Before any mods began.

zarnow-albums-2000-sii-phantom-black-vt-executive-picture110411-just-did-my-blue-led-conversion.jpg

Blue LED Conversion

zarnow-albums-2000-sii-phantom-black-vt-executive-picture110412-family-guy-haha-love.jpg

Cheapo $140 Touchscreen headunit from eBay.

zarnow-albums-2000-sii-phantom-black-vt-executive-picture110399-has-now-been-tinted.jpg

Just got it tinted

zarnow-albums-2000-sii-phantom-black-vt-executive-picture110405-what-looks-like-today-my-new-cheapo-taillights-vx-boot-garnish-fitted-2-1-2-inch-sports-exhaust-well-hung-osullys-lowered.jpg

Taillights and garnish.

zarnow-albums-2000-sii-phantom-black-vt-executive-recent-picture111397-caption.jpg

What it was like prior to new wheels

Last edited by a moderator:

Kunu

chasing the big 300!!!
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
97VT SSsuper6(179rwkw),daily barina,2008 VE Clubby
nice looking ride m8, i love the look of the VT always have thats why i traded my vs wagon for my VT and also coz its supercharged lol...def gotta get some better rims those dont do the car any justice :yeah:

Z

ZaRnOw

Yeahh ive been dying to put some sexy rims on it ever since I got it, just haven't had the cash. Will end up putting extractors later on to. Il chuck an interior pic up later.

RvtRvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Lumina 3.8
Yeahh ive been dying to put some sexy rims on it ever since I got it, just haven't had the cash. Will end up putting extractors later on to. Il chuck an interior pic up later.

Nice work on the dash mate, much better than the stock green lol

Z

ZaRnOw

Took some fresh pictures this morning. Pics include the interior, exterior is further down, i blurred out the background for a nicer effect. Any one have any recommendations for future mods or wheels I should get. Wheels wont be for a while, going to wait til the tread is wrecked on these before I get them, got no cash at the moment. Cheers
These pics should do the car a bit more justice.

zarnow-albums-2000-sii-phantom-black-vt-executive-recent-picture111341-what-its-like-today-mods-done-lowered-touchscreen-2-5-sports-exhaust-darkest-legal-tint-colour-coded-side-strips-skirts-vx-garnish-altezza-taillights-service-has-been-done-small-easily-fixable-problems-found-mesh-cheapo-car-seats-floor-mats-blue-led-dash-conversion-still-come-vx-ss-front-bar-vt-ss-rear-bar-skirts-cv8z-taillights-monaro-headlights-angel-eyes-vxss-lights-good-detail-new-wheels.jpg

zarnow-albums-2000-sii-phantom-black-vt-executive-recent-picture111338-what-its-like-today-mods-done-lowered-touchscreen-2-5-sports-exhaust-darkest-legal-tint-colour-coded-side-strips-skirts-vx-garnish-altezza-taillights-service-has-been-done-small-easily-fixable-problems-found-mesh-cheapo-car-seats-floor-mats-blue-led-dash-conversion-still-come-vx-ss-front-bar-vt-ss-rear-bar-skirts-cv8z-taillights-monaro-headlights-angel-eyes-vxss-lights-good-detail-new-wheels.jpg

zarnow-albums-2000-sii-phantom-black-vt-executive-recent-picture111337-what-its-like-today-mods-done-lowered-touchscreen-2-5-sports-exhaust-darkest-legal-tint-colour-coded-side-strips-skirts-vx-garnish-altezza-taillights-service-has-been-done-small-easily-fixable-problems-found-mesh-cheapo-car-seats-floor-mats-blue-led-dash-conversion-still-come-vx-ss-front-bar-vt-ss-rear-bar-skirts-cv8z-taillights-monaro-headlights-angel-eyes-vxss-lights-good-detail-new-wheels.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Z

ZaRnOw

Engine bay and boot
Engine bay needs a good spit shine, boot just needs a vac.
zarnow-albums-2000-sii-phantom-black-vt-executive-recent-picture111389-img-2006.jpg

zarnow-albums-2000-sii-phantom-black-vt-executive-recent-picture111388-img-2002.jpg

zarnow-albums-2000-sii-phantom-black-vt-executive-recent-picture111390-boot.jpg

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
Awesome man, love that colour, rare as hell to come out on an exec. Some nicer rims would set it off nicely :thumbsup: