Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ZB Calais Tourer, yes, no?

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
It's a lot of car for not much money. It's why I bought one.

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
I have ZB RSV which I'm very happy with. It certainly drives very well. My previous car was a VY S and my wife has a VE S Z series. It's better than both of them to drive. My wife much prefers to travel as a passenger in the ZB.

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
What does she like specifically about the RS-V when travelling as a passenger?

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
She says the car sits on the road so much better and she doesn't get thrown around as much on windy roads.

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited:

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
She says the car sits on the road so much better and she doesn't get thrown around as much on windy roads.

my wife thinks the opposite because the vehicle handles so well cornering i drive like a madman and throw her around :D

The question is, how will the reliability work long term. You will always be able to get parts for them, I think people worry about that too much.

like any vehicle it will have its faults but i did read an article about the insignia being deemed the most dependable midsize car in the uk but these articles could be paid for by the manufacturer so always be skeptical.

you are right the parts can be obtained from opel and it is sold as the buick regal in the us and insignia b in europe.
the pain in the ass of it all would be waiting for parts to come from europe but they are still obtainable.

a lot of the dislike for the zb just comes from the different look/style and the fanclub that claims its not a "real" commodore with most of them never actually driving one.
i remember many moons ago when the opel based vb commodore(opel rekord) came to australia and the holden fanclub at that time said that the commodore is not a "real" holden, look how far we have come :p

gm should have stopped the commodore nameplate at the vf and tried something new with the zb but people should keep in mind that the commodore name plate is not even australian because the opel commodore was made in 1967.

i went from a vf ssv into the zb rs v6 and i am happy with the change, the zb is fun to drive and comfortable on long distance.
the liftback is pretty cool because i can drop the seats and fit more in without needing a wagon and awd is awesome.

the start stop is annoying until you disable it and it has a few issues like the side skirts having a gap and i think the 9 speed needs a little more refining because sometimes it can do weird gear changes when you are locked on cruise(100kph) and you go to overtake, it will drop a gear or 2 and hold it until you cancel cruise control or tap the brake.
i am going to ask the local dealer if they have any updates for the tcm.

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited:

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
The Opel/Vauxhall range offer a manual gearbox, so it may be possible. Though they only get the turbo four not the V6.

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited: