Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Zb Calais v led strip lights in doors

1qazwsx4

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB commodore sedan RS
Just wondered if you ever managed to get your led door strips to work like normal again? My old RS the led strips worked whenever the lights were on but my new VRX the led strips only turn on when the doors are open/closed. They are off at night time when my lights are on driving around etc and only turn in when the doors open. Maybe I'm missing a setting somewhere if anyone knows?

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Just wondered if you ever managed to get your led door strips to work like normal again? My old RS the led strips worked whenever the lights were on but my new VRX the led strips only turn on when the doors are open/closed. They are off at night time when my lights are on driving around etc and only turn in when the doors open. Maybe I'm missing a setting somewhere if anyone knows?
if you have the dash illumination setting on its lowest it turns the led trim lights off, 1 step up from lowest setting allows them to work.

1qazwsx4

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB commodore sedan RS
if you have the dash illumination setting on its lowest it turns the led trim lights off, 1 step up from lowest setting allows them to work.
Thanks man I'll have a look tomorrow when I'm driving, only just brought it and wow there's alot more settings to play with than my old RS haha. Had a Ute in-between and missed my Holden... Glad to see you're still lurking these forums

1qazwsx4

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB commodore sedan RS
Yup that resolved my issue, thank you again. Perhaps you have an idea on my other lighting question haha... For some reason whenever I enable automatic lights with the VXR, it turns it's low beams on during the day aswell. With my old RS on automatic lights it would just be the DRL and then turn on/off low beam as it needed. Window is clean and so is the light sensor. Can't see anything obvious in the manual either

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Yup that resolved my issue, thank you again. Perhaps you have an idea on my other lighting question haha... For some reason whenever I enable automatic lights with the VXR, it turns it's low beams on during the day aswell. With my old RS on automatic lights it would just be the DRL and then turn on/off low beam as it needed. Window is clean and so is the light sensor. Can't see anything obvious in the manual either

I read your other post but i am not sure with the vxr lights.
If you have ruled out dash mat covering the light sensor in the middle of the dash and the dial is set to auto then i am not sure.

this video @ 1:23 shows the vxr driving with drls, no headlights but we dont know the switch settings
then jump to 1:58 it appears to have lowbeam and drls running so it might be how it operates.

Last edited:

1qazwsx4

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB commodore sedan RS
I read your other post but i am not sure with the vxr lights.
If you have ruled out dash mat covering the light sensor in the middle of the dash and the dial is set to auto then i am not sure.

this video @ 1:23 shows the vxr driving with drls, no headlights but we dont know the switch settings

Hmmm haven't got a dash mat or anything near the sensor and can confirm it was on auto lighting, gave the window a clean inside and out and wiped the sensor so will see if there's any difference tomorrow but so far since I brought it a couple of days ago the low beams have been on constantly while driving.

Searched amongst Buick forums plus here but there's little mention of the matrix headlights. Appreciate the thoughts nonetheless

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Hmmm haven't got a dash mat or anything near the sensor and can confirm it was on auto lighting, gave the window a clean inside and out and wiped the sensor so will see if there's any difference tomorrow but so far since I brought it a couple of days ago the low beams have been on constantly while driving.

Searched amongst Buick forums plus here but there's little mention of the matrix headlights. Appreciate the thoughts nonetheless

i made an edit after you posted but have a look at 1:58 in the video it appears to have lowbeam and drls running so it might be how it operates.

1qazwsx4

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB commodore sedan RS
i made an edit after you posted but have a look at 1:58 in the video it appears to have lowbeam and drls running so it might be how it operates.
I guess I'm just paranoid about having my lights fail from running whenever the car is haha would be an expensive fix. I must be missing something cause surely they wouldn't have them running the whole time auto lights was on since most people would. Guess I'll see if my local Holden dealer has any answers tomorrow (guessing they'll have no idea)

1qazwsx4

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB commodore sedan RS
Interestingly my automatic wipers also don't function, setting is enabled on the headunit and my Speedo says I've activated them when I use the stalk but wipers don't move on auto unless I up the stalk more past intermittent. Any idea what fuse or relay I could check? Seeing as the lights and wipers technically work there must be a fuse that controls the sensor