Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ZB Calias V instrument cluster and air/con

Pedroman5128

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calias V 2019
Hi, the instrument cluster in my caliasv fails to light up at times so as I will have no speedo etc visible. If been to Holden and they can't find an issue so it stays unsolved. If it does not fault when they check it as far as they are concerned all is well. Another issue I have at times is when using the air con it will blow hot air unless I run it a maximin cold, as soon as I come of that setting it will blow hot air. This is also a fault they can't find when they check so this to remains a fault they have not rectified.
Thanks for any info

Last edited:

red_vxr

Reaction score
Members Ride
(don't have a commodore lel)
What comes to my mind is a bad/loose connection, or a bad ground. The ZB is a modern car so it shouldn't really have any grounding issues though.

It could be a computer fault, some wiring problems somewhere in the car, or the gauge cluster could just be faulty.

Pedroman5128

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calias V 2019
What comes to my mind is a bad/loose connection, or a bad ground. The ZB is a modern car so it shouldn't really have any grounding issues though.

It could be a computer fault, some wiring problems somewhere in the car, or the gauge cluster could just be faulty.
Thanks Red VXR, i thought of a faulty cluster but Holden don't want to know about it as they would have to put in a completely new instrument cluster, the hot air from the climate control system has me completely stumped and I know what Holden will say when I take it in.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224

Actually, modern cars are the worst for earthing issues...
Too much adhesive panel bonding, not enough spot welding...
Much cheaper that way...