Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ZB Commodore Dead Man Walking

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
I can appreciate your experience in an area where I have none. My experience was in management and planning. Logistics is a major element of any effective plan and allowances have to be made for the unforseen.

My original point was that any unsold diesel ZB's could well date from mid to late 2017. Holden would not have known how the various models would sell and would probably have ordered quite a few hundred diesels when the initial orders were placed with the factory. The car was already in production, so Holden's orders had to be programmed in such a way as to minimise production delays on Opels and Vauxhalls.

I therefore estimated that there would have been some months elapse between placement of initial orders and cars being on dealers forecourts by February 2018. Some of them were diesels and subsequent experience has shown that few buyers want a diesel Commodore. Depending on the number on hand on release date and the sales rate since, it's feasible that some unsold ZB diesel cars date from 2017.

I don't think there would of been that many diesel variants ordered as thjey would of known the uptake would of been slow.

Plants can changes their production plans. Look at Holdens Adelaide plant. It produced the Chevy SS all December 2016 so they could make sure the first MY17 Australian vehicles were actually built in 2017. My Redline came off on day 2 in 2017. The Chevrolet SS started MY17 in 2016 while the AU version was actually 2017.

RWD4ever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS3 ute
The ZB measly 500 a month is still supposedly the best selling car in it's class (large sedan)!
So ahead of Skoda, Kia, Volvo etc.

tuckerbag

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2ss dual cab rodeo fjr1300
The ZB measly 500 a month is still supposedly the best selling car in it's class (large sedan)!
So ahead of Skoda, Kia, Volvo etc.
Large sedan my butt

benny66

Benno
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY14 Calais V ZB MY18 Calais V
Just a large hatchback.....
Yes the zb is a mid size as is the Camry . The Camry outsells the zb in Oz but the zb does outsell the Mazda 6. The vf was a large sedan but not the zb. A bit like a Ford modeo would not be classed as large .

benny66

Benno
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY14 Calais V ZB MY18 Calais V
I was looking at the tone controls on the music system. According to the user guide there should be an equaliser but I can't see any sign of it only bass midrange and treble . Is the user guide wrong? I have the Bose system

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I was looking at the tone controls on the music system. According to the user guide there should be an equaliser but I can't see any sign of it only bass midrange and treble . Is the user guide wrong? I have the Bose system
Turn or press the tuner control you should be able to select a few options to shuffle through like rock jazz classic and so on.

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
Yes the zb is a mid size as is the Camry . The Camry outsells the zb in Oz but the zb does outsell the Mazda 6. The vf was a large sedan but not the zb. A bit like a Ford modeo would not be classed as large .

Obviously ZB is smaller than VE/ VF no question, but the ZB is wider and has longer wheelbase than VT to VZ's, so are VT to VZ's not considered large as well?

Paul Smedley

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY23 Tesla Model 3 RWD, MY23 Tesla Model Y RWD
I don't think there would of been that many diesel variants ordered as thjey would of known the uptake would of been slow.

Plants can changes their production plans. Look at Holdens Adelaide plant. It produced the Chevy SS all December 2016 so they could make sure the first MY17 Australian vehicles were actually built in 2017. My Redline came off on day 2 in 2017. The Chevrolet SS started MY17 in 2016 while the AU version was actually 2017.
Agree plants can change their plans, but MY17 Chevy was built alongside MY16 Holdens from October thru December. The plant didn't build _ONLY_ MY17 Chevy SS (although it was a rich mix).