Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ZB Commodore Dead Man Walking

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
The point is, we don't know when the Holden orders were placed, the breakdown of variants ordered, the numbers of each variant or the required landing dates in Oz. Nor do we know what production adjustments were required to accommodate the Holden order, keeping in mind that one engine/trans/model combo was Holden-specific.

At the time of determining variant numbers, Holden would have been guessing, given the totally different engineering design and optional drive trains and trying to project sales in a diminishing market. We know that 500 per month is less than anticipated and a large backlog soon accumulated. I wonder what the original numbers ordered were?

kos

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Lt
Someone would know. I am guessing 1000 a month why subtract v8 sales from vf sales and.......
They must still have quite a holding of zb stock

tuckerbag

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2ss dual cab rodeo fjr1300
Someone would know. I am guessing 1000 a month why subtract v8 sales from vf sales and.......
Gunna be crowded when Peugeot start building the 2019 models

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS

I'd say subtract V8 sales, subtract ute sales, subtract long wheel base cars and subtract those that wanted rear wheel drive, but possibly add AWD, and those who like the idea of the 2litre turbo.

benny66

Benno
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY14 Calais V ZB MY18 Calais V
Do you think the peugot 508 will be badged as the new Holden? Or will peugot rekease vdonethibg different? Or maybe GM will bring a right hand drive Chevy sedan to oz?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I'd say an emphatic no to a Peugeot being rebadged as a Holden. IMO, the ZB will be the last Commodore, and probably the last medium/large sedan sold as a Holden. If, and it's a big if, GM continues the Holden brand beyond the ZB, I believe the emphasis will be on SUV's, 4 door utes and small hatchbacks. The model range will be trimmed back, with some market sectors being ignored.
The more likely alternative, IMO, is that the Holden name is killed off and the Australian market drops off GM's list altogether. They did it in Europe, a much larger market than ours, so I believe our small numbers won't be worth the effort, particularly as we are one of the few RHD markets remaining.

benny66

Benno
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY14 Calais V ZB MY18 Calais V
Yes I could see Holden been discontinued. GM will remain with the SUV etc but perhaps the Holden dealers will rebadge as GM. As you said the medium sedan market is dead . Small size such as Corolla and Mazda 3 is where the sales are .

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Do you think the peugot 508 will be badged as the new Holden? Or will peugot rekease vdonethibg different? Or maybe GM will bring a right hand drive Chevy sedan to oz?

508 is already here? I saw one the other day, looks sharp.