Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ZB Commodore Dead Man Walking

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
They're probably better than some of their current competitors. But, incredibly, there's so few on the road after all this time. Can drive all day without seeing one, even in large cities. Holden's lucky to have the Colorado to sell.
Although there was this comment from a member on 1st July this year
"Over the weekend I had a conversation around a BBQ with new car sales person who works for a Holden dealer in Adelaide - they said the dealership was having no problems shifting liftback models - they are selling them as quickly as they are getting them in and currently had no stock of liftbacks. He said the exceptions were wagons and VXR - they currently arent moving that well."

So there's no problem according to salesmen. The above comment may relate to the fact that this dealership only gets one or two lower spec liftbacks per month, so they have no problem selling those one or two units.
I spent some time in sales, so I know the mentality/patter of these guys.
At the right price they are probably a good item, but they really need to explain the suspension technology etc. built in to make a point of difference via advertising. And actually advertise the cars somewhere other than paid advertorials.

tuckerbag

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2ss dual cab rodeo fjr1300
Although there was this comment from a member on 1st July this year
"Over the weekend I had a conversation around a BBQ with new car sales person who works for a Holden dealer in Adelaide - they said the dealership was having no problems shifting liftback models - they are selling them as quickly as they are getting them in and currently had no stock of liftbacks. He said the exceptions were wagons and VXR - they currently arent moving that well."

So there's no problem according to salesmen. The above comment may relate to the fact that this dealership only gets one or two lower spec liftbacks per month, so they have no problem selling those one or two units.
I spent some time in sales, so I know the mentality/patter of these guys.
At the right price they are probably a good item, but they really need to explain the suspension technology etc. built in to make a point of difference via advertising. And actually advertise the cars somewhere other than paid advertorials.
Why don’t they just give us something we want instead of an ugly piece of ****

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
I see 1 or 2 just about every day. Parked near one today at the shops and saw another with Victorian plates on the way home. I only see RS and LT's though. I've seen 1 Calais and 1 VXR in 18 months.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I think i read recently that sales were around 440 per month. If that was correct, I think we'd be seeing them more often.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
I think i read recently that sales were around 440 per month. If that was correct, I think we'd be seeing them more often.
"if that was correct". Said exactly the way I feel.

tuckerbag

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2ss dual cab rodeo fjr1300
Typical holden Bullshit numbers

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
Love them or hate them they are getting so cheap that they are probably close to the best value for money cars out there.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Your eyes are probably seeing them much more often than you realise, but your brains are telling you they're Mazda 6s.

Probably going 'against the flow', but I think the ZB looks better than the Mazda 6.

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
And it's a better car than the Mazda 6 too. I used to own one.