Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ZB Commodore Dead Man Walking

benny66

Benno
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY14 Calais V ZB MY18 Calais V
And it's a better car than the Mazda 6 too. I used to own one.
Oh I am considering the 2.5 turbo Mazda 6 against the AWD calas v. Both seem about the same price the same mileage and age. What's a few things about the zb that are not so good on the Mazda 6? I think the Mazda 6 seems a better quality interior.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Oh I am considering the 2.5 turbo Mazda 6 against the AWD calas v. Both seem about the same price the same mileage and age. What's a few things about the zb that are not so good on the Mazda 6? I think the Mazda 6 seems a better quality interior.

The elephant in the room... Mazda's turbo reliability.

benny66

Benno
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY14 Calais V ZB MY18 Calais V
Oh so the Mazda turbo has problems? I will do some research into this .

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR

1. The Mazda infotainment does not meet my expectation from a car with that price tag. I mean, having to pay the dealer extra for the software upgrade to support Android Auto/Apple Carplay ain't what I'd be willing to pay for over and above the cost of the car. It comes as standard in the Holden and has been for some time now. I understand this has been addressed in the 2019 facelift but still... it's 2019!!!
  2. The rear view camera in the ZB ain't great but the Mazda's is utterly dreadful, we're talking worst in class.
  3. The autobox in the 6 is nowhere near as good as the ZB's 9 speed.
  4. The AWD ZB puts it's power down seamlessly while the Mazda is all traction control and torque reduction while the front tyres attempt to handle the 420nm being channeled through them.
Drive both and you'll see what I mean.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Oh so the Mazda turbo has problems? I will do some research into this .

Try googling Mazda 2.5l Chinese turbo replacement, then avoid buying S/H Mazda's with the 2.5l engine...

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Why don’t they just give us something we want instead of an ugly piece of ****

Maybe you should apply for a job with Holden's styling and marketing departments.....With your expertise, you should make a killing in wages, whilst being able to move 3,000 units per month even working a 4 day week....

tuckerbag

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2ss dual cab rodeo fjr1300
Maybe you should apply for a job with Holden's styling and marketing departments.....With your expertise, you should make a killing in wages, whilst being able to move 3,000 units per month even working a 4 day week....
Do a better job of it than the dipsticks they got now mate

Badgerdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais V
  1. The Mazda infotainment does not meet my expectation from a car with that price tag. I mean, having to pay the dealer extra for the software upgrade to support Android Auto/Apple Carplay ain't what I'd be willing to pay for over and above the cost of the car. It comes as standard in the Holden and has been for some time now. I understand this has been addressed in the 2019 facelift but still... it's 2019!!!
  2. The rear view camera in the ZB ain't great but the Mazda's is utterly dreadful, we're talking worst in class.
  3. The autobox in the 6 is nowhere near as good as the ZB's 9 speed.
  4. The AWD ZB puts it's power down seamlessly while the Mazda is all traction control and torque reduction while the front tyres attempt to handle the 420nm being channeled through them.
Drive both and you'll see what I mean.
Agreed.
Definitely drive both to see what a very ordinary car the Mazda 6 is.
5. Handling is shockingly bad if driven any more than 6/10th's
6. Power...what power ?, yes its that bad !!

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
Why don’t they just give us something we want instead of an ugly piece of ****

Holden are shifting reasonable volume in the Ute and SUV markets. One might argue they are selling Australians exactly what they want.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Holden are shifting reasonable volume in the Ute and SUV markets. One might argue they are selling Australians exactly what they want.
And exactly what New Zealanders want as well. So good work by them.