Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ZB Commodore Dead Man Walking

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Why don’t they just give us something we want instead of an ugly piece of ****
You need to pull your head out of the sand mate. You might want high performance sedans but the majority of Australians don't and haven't for years. Are you suggesting that Holden focuses on building or selling passenger trucks, SUV's and working man's utes? Because that's what "we" want, judging by sales these days. Oh, that's right, that's just what they ARE selling, in greater numbers than Commodores. The market doesn't want V8 Commodore type vehicles anymore - is that so hard to understand? Clearly, for you, it is.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Holden are shifting reasonable volume in the Ute and SUV markets. One might argue they are selling Australians exactly what they want.

Not really... They no longer sell ute's, only that lightweight pick-up truck.

benny66

Benno
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY14 Calais V ZB MY18 Calais V
When I test drove the zb Commodore I turned on the cruise control to keep the same speed as the slow moving car in front as see were in traffic. With the start and stop of the moving in the traffic I would hear a groaning sound when the car Auto braked. Is this a defect or does the system make this sort of sound?

Alsoif I am ascending a hill and the cruise control is set to 60 will the system apply the brakes to maintain the speed or will it just let the speed increase?

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
You need to pull your head out of the sand mate. You might want high performance sedans but the majority of Australians don't and haven't for years. Are you suggesting that Holden focuses on building or selling passenger trucks, SUV's and working man's utes? Because that's what "we" want, judging by sales these days. Oh, that's right, that's just what they ARE selling, in greater numbers than Commodores. The market doesn't want V8 Commodore type vehicles anymore - is that so hard to understand? Clearly, for you, it is.

The local dealer in my town has shifted more Acadias than any other Holden model , I don’t personally like them , but obviously many do

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
The local dealer in my town has shifted more Acadias than any other Holden model , I don’t personally like them , but obviously many do
Hmm, the Acadia is still a rare animal in this neck of the woods. I think Toyota and mitsubishi are dominant new cars up this way.

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
When I test drove the zb Commodore I turned on the cruise control to keep the same speed as the slow moving car in front as see were in traffic. With the start and stop of the moving in the traffic I would hear a groaning sound when the car Auto braked. Is this a defect or does the system make this sort of sound?

Front suspension noise, a known issue. Get the dealer to fix it.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
I skip models of Holden that don't appeal to me, the ZB is the most unappealing Commodore since I dunno the VN, not saying it's a bad car it just has nothing going for it looks wise.

i've never cared for what's popular, usually it's trash. like pop music and reality tv.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Holden are shifting reasonable volume in the Ute and SUV markets. One might argue they are selling Australians exactly what they want.
Today’s car market is more about being stuck choosing from the children’s menu because the chef quit.