Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ZB Commodore Dead Man Walking

tuckerbag

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2ss dual cab rodeo fjr1300
I think it's a bit funny that a bloke who drives a VP thinks the ZB is poorly built and ugly, but then again, he'd probably be well qualified to identify both failings.
My ol VP is just my work car mate. I have a real Aussie HSV for rounding up zbs

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Tuckerbag
One day you'll be faced with a horrible choice. Even the VF won't last forever.

tuckerbag

Reaction score
Members Ride
Tuckerbag
Yeah I know mate. Freaks me out thinking about it

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
That explains a lot, the female of the household making the purchasing decisions...
Haven't seen an Acadia on the road yet. Hope they're being discounted a lot.
People were paying less for MSE's, Directors and Magnums than the current Acadia retail price.

in actual fact ,usually farmer Bob will make the call on the vehicles , I collect milk from a lot of their farms

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Do a better job of it than the dipsticks they got now mate

Funny thing is, people make comments like this, but when it comes to the crunch, they fail miserably.

Unfortunately, the market place is leaning towards smaller cars, FWD's, SUV's, AWD's and 4WD's....It is also leaning away from V8's....

I can see Holden was trying to cash on this market, with the release of the ZB, but unfortunately haven't met peoples expectations.....We can only hope, with the release of a new model, they learn from their mistakes and start floating towards the top of the new car sales market.

The other sad thing is, all car manufacturers seem to copying each other with how a car looks....But this has been happening for years and I can't see it changing in the immediate future

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
My ol VP is just my work car mate. I have a real Aussie HSV for rounding up zbs

The funny thing about this comment is, I round up VP V8's with my 48 year old stock 6 banger.....The only modification is, a set of extractors, because the exhaust manifolds have a habit of cracking and it's getting extremely difficult to find un cracked ones...

tuckerbag

Reaction score
Members Ride
The funny thing about this comment is, I round up VP V8's with my 48 year old stock 6 banger.....The only modification is, a set of extractors, because the exhaust manifolds have a habit of cracking and it's getting extremely difficult to find un cracked ones...
Mine goes alright mate

MattSAU2XR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Auto 2007
On the topic of SUVs, I think two reasons people might like them is that (a) they are a little more spacious and the upright seating position is easier on at least some people's bodies, and (b) even SUVs are plenty quick enough now given how low speed limits have gotten, and how rigorously they are enforced. Related to this, it could well be that lowering and enforcement of speed limits has reduced demand for V8 sedans and the like - not so much point buying a $50k toy if you aren't allowed to play with it :-(

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
I can see Holden was trying to cash on this market, with the release of the ZB, but unfortunately haven't met peoples expectations.....We can only hope, with the release of a new model, they learn from their mistakes and start floating towards the top of the new car sales market.

The problem is, is it worth spending hundreds of millions of dollars in development of a car in a rapidly shrinking global market? I think we all know the answer.

I quite like the looks too
A pom at work when he first saw it thought it was a Merc.

Tuckerbag

I have a solution! Get the Australian Federal Government to change Australia to LHD so Cadillac can sell the CTS-V there.