Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ZB Commodore LED Upgrade

Motozb

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Commodore
if you use the error modules like the ones i have posted they do not create heat, if you use the resistor type ones those do create heat.
i would never use the resistor types myself.

the ones to use look like this

they have a little plastic box in the middle and in the zb you may need two of them connected together on one or both sides of the low beam so order 2 sets(4 pcs in total).
high beam does not need anything.

if you ever decide to have the error message removed then it will cost around 30 bucks and it works perfectly.
mine have been running for well over a year in the zb with these $35 night eye leds.

i had one nighteye led blow because the set had been used in previous vehicles for about 4 years and when it did blow i had the check lamp error popup so using the combination i have it still alerts me to a blown bulb.
Is there a trick to removing theH7 globes? I can't seem to get then out!

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Is there a trick to removing theH7 globes? I can't seem to get then out!

they just pull out.
stick the plug back on and use it to wiggle the bulb side to side and it will pop out.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
they just pull out.
stick the plug back on and use it to wiggle the bulb side to side and it will pop out.
I’d assume the ZB also has a spring clip holding the bull on?

Below is for VF…

and for a similar car to our ZB, the Buick Regal which uses tabs rather than a spiring clip

Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Nope, they are just push fit.
So our ZB is different to the Buick Regal in that regard?

(whatever the case, it seems far easier to change low beam on the ZB than on the VF’s)

Last edited:

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
So our ZB is different to the Buick Regal in that regard?

(whatever the case, it seems far easier to change low beam on the ZB than on the VF’s)

they will be the same but he just seemed to over complicate it for the video, when doing mine i just wiggled the bulb out.
from my observation there is no "locking" tab just spring tabs that click over the edge of the bulb(push fit) which holds the bulb but it is designed with a ramp so the bulb can be pulled out without damaging the tab.

if anything i would suspect that jamming a screw driver into the tab could push the tab past its operating limit and bend it making the fit loose.