Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ZB Commodore LED Upgrade

iZ_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais ZB Tourer
Alright! All installed and it looks better already. I just find the whiter light sexier :)
PXL_20220218_131051467.jpg
PXL_20220218_122017501.jpg
PXL_20220218_131045969.jpg
PXL_20220218_122013459.jpg

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
Will be interested to hear what you think of them out on the road.

How difficult were they to fit?

Was there plenty of space in the Housing for all the bits and pieces?

Did you get any canbus errors?

Reactions: iZ_

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Would have been interesting to see before and after shots of both low and high beams shining against a large flat wall (for example in an underground shopping centre car park, at night).

It’s really hard to tell what the beam patterns are like when lighting up garden beds and large rocks (though looks like a nice bit of landscaping)…

iZ_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais ZB Tourer
Hello again,

they were very easy to install after I understood how to open the 3 latches that hold it together.
You don't need a plier to remove it.
As soon as the latches are open, the bulb comes out. And you just need to push the new one in and it locks in place.

I went for a quick drive and it looks a lot brighter, but I had to aim it down. I think it's in the middle setting now.

The left side is giving me an error msg. Even with the canbus. That's very annoying.
Anyone knows where I can get a cheap canbus? Might return this one.

Unfortunately (fortunately for me) there are no shopping centres where I live.

I'll try to find a flat wall to take a photo of the beam pattern.

Cheers

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Hello again,

they were very easy to install after I understood how to open the 3 latches that hold it together.
You don't need a plier to remove it.
As soon as the latches are open, the bulb comes out. And you just need to push the new one in and it locks in place.

I went for a quick drive and it looks a lot brighter, but I had to aim it down. I think it's in the middle setting now.

The left side is giving me an error msg. Even with the canbus. That's very annoying.
Anyone knows where I can get a cheap canbus? Might return this one.

Unfortunately (fortunately for me) there are no shopping centres where I live.

I'll try to find a flat wall to take a photo of the beam pattern.

Cheers

you need to daisy chain 2 canbus devices together, i went through the same problem and found the zb to be way more sensitive than other vehicles.

i have 2 on my right side and it has not falsely errored for about 18 months.
i had a nighteye led blow in the zb after having it for about 4 years across 3 vehicles and i got the message on the dash that it had blown even with 2x canbus boxes on it so that was handy to find out it will still alert me to a blown bulb.

you could try a resistor style device if you want to drill holes in your headlight housings/caps and car body to mount them for cooling but i found just connecting two of the cheap canbus boxes solved my problem.
dont put this style of resistor inside the headlight housing because they produce heat and combined with the heat of the bulbs you might end up melting crap.

Last edited:
Reactions: iZ_

iZ_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais ZB Tourer
Update:
Alright! So I mentioned to the place I bought the lights and the canbus that I was getting an error message. They sent me a new canbus for free! So I daisychained it and it's working fine now.

I'm happy with the new lights, but I wonder/worry if I'm blinding the other drivers, as this is something that piss me off when people have really bright lights.
I know mine are pointing down, so I'm sure it's not too bad.

Does anyone know about the fog lights? Are they H7 as well? Mine haven't been working since I bought the car.
When I took the car for a service, they didn't have an electrician. And they said is all connected to a module and that is not too simple to find the issue.
Any input will be appreciated ☺️

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
They sent me a new canbus for free! So I daisychained it and it's working fine now.

the daisy chain method works well on mine, good thing they didnt charge for module :)

I'm happy with the new lights, but I wonder/worry if I'm blinding the other drivers, as this is something that piss me off when people have really bright lights.
I know mine are pointing down, so I'm sure it's not too bad.

if people start flashing you then you are blinding them, i have my leveller set on 2 and people dont flash me at all.

Reaction score
Members Ride
RS ZB
Hey guys ,

just wanted to share my experience with upgrading to the LED low beam globes before stumbling across this thread.

Started off with purchasing Narva surefit H7 from local repco, was ensured straight swap plug and play for my existing H7 Halogen. So installed much improved brightness off course but kept getting warning to check left and right globes. purchased Narva canbus module which did not assist with error message.

returned surefit H7 and purchased the performance H7 as the canbus module pictured Thea globes on the box and thought it was worth of shot. Of course this did not fix the error message. Returned the lot.
I have since got a fix with globes with a built In canbus module which is plug and play and no error message has been dipalyed and globes are perfect.

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
You said you returned the sure fit and the performance H7's but didn't say what you bought in the end.

How did you just replace the low beam? I thought the low beam are dual filament, low and high beam.