Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ZB Commodore LED Upgrade

Ceramic

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS AWD V6
most things you put on your vehicle needs to be adr compliant, most insurance companies do not go looking to see if your lights are adr compliant unless they are the cause which would make them inspect it.

in some cases just putting custom rims/tyres on can put you in the same boat with adr compliance if they do not match the requirements.

Makes sense.

With lights, its probably more of a problem and an area that would be checked especially if night driving. More so if your country driving and a collision with another vehicle occurs - people will jump of anything to avoid blame and a country road during the night and bright headlights is definitely one of them - temporary blindness is something that is often used... people will use anything.

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
So it turns out that the bulbs/LED's in the vehicle need to be ADR approved to meet Australian roadworthy standards and apparently failure to have these installed can lead to defect and insurance dramas (I'm guessing if your involved in a collision during the night, or if a police officer deems your headlights too bright). I spoke with a friend over the long weekend who works in motor vehicle insurance and they said it would void the claim on a vehicle if it didn't meet the Australian Design Rules, so basically the national standards for vehicle safety, anti-theft and emissions. So because of that! I have purchased these: X-tremeVision Pro150 car headlight bulb 00569428 | Philips
Please let us know your thoughts on these. Certainly would be good to have better lights. While the ZB lights are OK they're certainly not as good as those on my VY which are also better then the lights on my wife's VE

Ceramic

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS AWD V6
Please let us know your thoughts on these. Certainly would be good to have better lights. While the ZB lights are OK they're certainly not as good as those on my VY which are also better then the lights on my wife's VE

Shall do, I made a correction to the link with a reference to where I bought them from as opposed to the Philips site (in case others want to grab some, since they are on sale), as they are selling them with a $28 discount and free delivery (don't forget to get a further $9 off with their promocode which is APRIL10) - they are dispatched from Sydney with full tracking info and these are classified as ECE certified - road worthy.

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
Shall do, I made a correction to the link with a reference to where I bought them from as opposed to the Philips site (in case others want to grab some, since they are on sale), as they are selling them with a $28 discount and free delivery (don't forget to get a further $9 off with their promocode which is APRIL10) - they are dispatched from Sydney with full tracking info and these are classified as ECE certified - road worthy.
How are the new bulbs?

John a

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zb rsv
I have upgraded my standard bulbs to Narva 150 plus and then tried Phillips Extreme Vision.
All I can say so far is total disappointment with both choices. The low beam is next to useless on this car.
Took my car to the RAA for headlight alignment (again), and they said it was perfect.
Glad to know at least that I am not the only one. sorry I could be more more help.

John a

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zb rsv
I installed the narva 150 + then adjusted them up 2 turns made a world of difference.

iZ_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais ZB Tourer
Hope this helps.

Nice video. Thanks for that. The LED bulb they use don't seems like it needs anything else to work without the error.
Are there "error free" LED bulbs? Is that a thing?

Cheers!

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
If you go to their website and do a selection for the Buick Regal Sportback (their version of the ZB Commodore) you will see the only high and low beam LED bulbs listed are for off-road use. I'd say they're not legal for on-road use.

iZ_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais ZB Tourer
Bought this Philips LED lights and canbus.
Installing tonight and will post a before and after video/photo.
PXL_20220218_080310396.jpg