Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ZB Commodore Section or Not

Should ZB Commodore have it’s own section.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
The engine is different, the interior is different...front and rear end are different...best to keep it as it is..
Might be hard to find info
Ron, how is the LS3 different to the L98? The transmission, the diff, the Monroe shocks the PBR or Brembo brakes the a/c or fuel system. Nothing material worth having a different section as an entirely different car.
Interior / body bits are MY specific, the number of posts about upholstery maintenance and mylink should definitely be relegated to VEI VEII VFI VFII.
But really, the platform apart from textural edifice is the same. Same fricken answers, slight notable variances that do not accord with VEI VEII VFI VFII product sales break, happy to discuss that in more detail.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Ron, how is the LS3 different to the L98? Nothing material worth having a different section as an entirely different car.
Interior / body bits are MY specific, the number of posts about upholstery maintenance and mylink should definitely be relegated to VEI VEII VFI VFII.
But really, the platform apart from textural edifice is the same. Same fricken answers, slight notable variances that do not accord with VEI VEII VFI VFII product sales break, happy to discuss that in more detail.

VY and VZ are also separate...not sure where to stop when merging starts

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
VY and VZ are also separate...not sure where to stop when merging starts
Yeah well I’m not suggesting another section for VY or VZ, where the change in V8 was for emissions. But good point, under the Zeta -> Engine -> V8 will include and refer to VZ LS2 and the prototype L76 as GenIV like the L77 and LS3.
I’m saying that the function of Q&A and knowledge share is unecessarily fragmented, duplicated or reinvented under in the latest model wheelie bin at the moment. Ridiculous when most sustainable and useful car forums are better structured to easily browse subset of results without knowing jargon or keyword for free form word search.

Last edited:

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
A minor thing, but i'd like it if you could leave the end date of the VF section as open-ended (with just the question mark). I think for most of us, the last Australian built commodore will live on forever.. :)

Someone else who has a clean VK might think the same thing but the reality is, the VK production run did end (as has every model up to the now new ZB).
Close off the VF section at 2017, production has ended.
This does not mean that we stop caring about our cars or contributing to this great forum, it simply reflects the reality of what has occurred.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Some new members haven't a clue about some of the things people have mentioned.
They come to this forum for guidance, from people that have experience & are in the know.
Keep things easy. Experts know about zeta or meta, l don't, but l don't care. l drive an old vt exe. (20 years old this year).

I've been a member of JC since 9/2012 & since then l've been reading mostly vt-vx related stuff.
Recently l've discovered the new posts section. It seems to me from a vz on, after 5-6 years or less, the cars are a basket case & should be dropped of at the scrap metal yard or tip. The reason l say this is because none of the mechanics can fix these cars without it costing an arm & leg, then when its supposedly fixed, its not & the problem is still there .
Reading about the problems ve & vf drivers are having, is not good, nor is it good pr for gmh, or Australian made. (Yes l'm a proud aussie). If l was looking to buy a new car & thought to myself, l think l'll buy a new Commodore & came to a Commodore forum & read about some of the problems people are having with their new car, l'd never buy a Commodore or any other new car.
Do all new cars have these problems? (other manufacturers)
These new zb, l've read about on this forum, are German made? If so, maybe it will be a better car? (Germans have a reputation of making superior products).
Anyway from what l've read about these newer cars (newer than my old vt) l don't want one. l'll continue to drive my old girl as long l can.
Sorry for when l get side tracked.
Doesn't matter if l'm right or wrong, l'm just saying.
Have a nice day & happy motoring (whatever your driving).

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
+1 for ZB thread and for keeping VE & VF separate.
They are different models. They have different owners handbooks, workshop manuals etc. They have a plethora of differences. Each deserves its own section.
I rarely read threads in the VE section. If I need, or want to I just search.
If all the Zeta's are amalgamated, then VB:VL, VN:VS and VT:VZ may as well be too. Or just lump everything from 1978 to ZB and beyond? in together.
I'm all for change, but it's not broken, so...

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
+1 for ZB thread and for keeping VE & VF separate.
They are different models. They have different owners handbooks, workshop manuals etc. They have a plethora of differences. Each deserves its own section.
I rarely read threads in the VE section. If I need, or want to I just search.
If all the Zeta's are amalgamated, then VB:VL, VN:VS and VT:VZ may as well be too. Or just lump everything from 1978 to ZB and beyond? in together.
I'm all for change, but it's not broken, so...
Of course it is broken if you don’t look in the VE for answers on all but trim bits. Seriously, the trim, bumper bits, and power steering, and 0.036” each side of the bore on one variant.
For communal talk about trim bits and stuff there will always be the main VEI VEII VFI VFII sub section of Zeta.
But general questions about exhaust tuning and component matching and collective research and development for example, why is that relegated to the most current posts in the VF section?
Same with cams? Or intakes, or ECU tuning, or TCM tuning, or diff options, or cooling systems, or EFI, or performance modifications.
You think that there should be one basic section for VEI, VEII, VFI, VFII and then perhaps into sub-forums with those? That’s nothing like a table of contents, that’s ridiculous duplication of info and resources, puts unecessary objects in the road of discovery.
My suggestion is Zeta General, no need to reclassify all threads at once, but the function is more like browse according to topic vs random nested index.

Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Of course it is broken if you don’t look in the VE for answers on all but trim bits. Seriously, the trim, bumper bits, and power steering, and 0.036” each side of the bore on one variant.
For communal talk about trim bits and stuff there will always be the main VEI VEII VFI VFII sub section of Zeta.
But general questions about exhaust tuning and component matching and collective research and development for example, why is that relegated to the most current posts in the VF section?
Same with cams? Or intakes, or ECU tuning, or TCM tuning, or diff options, or cooling systems, or EFI, or performance modifications.
You think that there should be one big basic section for VEI, VEII, VFI, VFII and then into sub-forums with those? That’s nothing like a table of contents, that’s ridiculous.
My suggestion is Zeta General, no need to reclassify all threads at once, but the function is more like browse according to topic vs random nested index.

Need to remember that some VF drivers have a certain elitist approach coz VF.....I doubt some of them even know of any threads that are not VF related.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
A minor thing, but i'd like it if you could leave the end date of the VF section as open-ended (with just the question mark). I think for most of us, the last Australian built commodore will live on forever.. :)

Makes no sense. Production has ceased.....leaving some question marks in place of a date won't change that.

Can't change historical facts.....best to acknowledge them and move on.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Makes no sense. Production has ceased.....leaving some question marks in place of a date won't change that.

Can't change historical facts.....best to acknowledge them and move on.
Well of course that's the pragmatic aspect of it. Nothing will change the fact that production has ceased. Personally I like it being open-ended on here. It's like when a famous sportsperson jersey is retired, yet it still hangs in the stadium/rafters for all to see. If others feel differently that's fine too. If Darren changes the ? to 2017, then i won't lose any sleep either. Horses for courses.

Status
Not open for further replies.