Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ZB Commodore Section or Not

Should ZB Commodore have it’s own section.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
I like the idea of the shared platforms tying the cars together.
ZB needs its place too, begrudgingly though.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
A minor thing, but i'd like it if you could leave the end date of the VF section as open-ended (with just the question mark). I think for most of us, the last Australian built commodore will live on forever.. :)
I was just pondering that myself do I don't I, hard to put an end to it all.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Great. New meta for Zeta (last Aussie Commodore).
As above stuff like performance upgrades, including exhausts, intakes, tuning, mechanical are exactly the same because it is the same platform.
Where there are slight MY differences should be catered within the text. If radically different advice and worth excluding to sub-forum then sure should be VEI or VEII or VFI or VFII. But shared knowledge compartmentalised according to productisation is just wrong.
Has led new members to focus on dumping questions about all and sundry under one big forum heading. Do’g breakfast piled on top of another according to currency. Worse than FaceBook, which is better than Xero at pictures, one-liner conversations, and overall entertainment.
There is no comparison to a forum when it comes to searching / reviewing subject knowledge database. This is where the current taxonomy lets this site down.
For example I don’t want to look at, never mind review typical sales chat guff / first car “new car” options paint and rust treatment, indeed that has now moved to the ZB realm, thank god. Maybe that whole honeymoon schmoltz / shiny show car shite can have its own section linked to the Xero Showcase feature extension you installed.
I’m suggesting perhaps the forum classification is more useful according to subject matter under the main Zeta heading.
On another note I think Xero user groups are a good thing for specific subject matter / knowledge exchange, possibly distinct levels of expertise / technical dialogue.

Last edited:

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..

I'm a bit of a sentimentalist I guess. It's just a little thing that reminds us of what we had. Up to you mate.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Just end it...
It is just production end date...

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Just end it...
It is just production end date...

Well I guess with your shiny new ZB you woudn't care about the VF anymore anyway......oh wait......

SSV 407

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
First post! and probably last in new sub forum :p

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Happy to run amalgamate the two sections if people want it.

I know some are completely adverse to change though so happy to leave it with you guys to make the call.

The engine is different, the interior is different...front and rear end are different...best to keep it as it is..
Might be hard to find info

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
The end of the day it is what it is, need to draw the line at some point and say nope VF is done.

Will create some issues with replies though but minor detail, I don't believe redirects can be done easily.

LMF 17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR
A minor thing, but i'd like it if you could leave the end date of the VF section as open-ended (with just the question mark). I think for most of us, the last Australian built commodore will live on forever.. :)
Agreed, a moment frozen for all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.