Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Zb commorde haters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB LT Sedan 4 cylinder 2 Litre Petrol Turbo
You have made this thread hilarious!!

For the record, I have driven a ZB... the 4 cyl petrol. It’s an ok car but does nothing for me
If I have made the thread hilarious, I'll take that as a compliment. Let's congratulate Reaper for his hilarity. He wants to spend all his life talking about name plates ..crazy eh?.

LMF 17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR
I’m not a motoring writer, but through work, I travel approximately 30,000 km each year throughout country Victoria in a variety of vehicles. About a week ago one of my colleagues knowing my private car is a V8 asked me which work car would I buy. My answer surprised him when I said none of them as they all have their good points and bad points. I then followed up if I had to choose, I would have the body and interior of the Camry, coupled with the AWD of the Liberty and completing the package would be the motor and gear box from the LT, now that would be a seriously nice vehicle.

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
Believe it or not, nameplates (i.e. branding) can make or break the success of a product.
I'm yawning, and not sure you should ever consult people or help them choose a car

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I'm yawning, and not sure you should ever consult people or help them choose a car

lolwot.....coz you don't understand that concept no one else has a valid opinion ?

Also, why you post about no bullsh!t yet continue to spout it ?????

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
... The point was the ZB is to a Commodore as a Klugar is to a Landcruiser. They are completely different things and the label fools nobody...
Well that’s a clearer statement as I initially read your earlier post to mean something a little different... hence my post...

So yes, designing something like a Kluger AWD which is aimed towards a different audience and reusing a Landcruiser badge does a disservice which in essence dilutes the Landcruise badge...

Thing with the commodore badge is that it covered a wide model variant from the A to B base model all the way up to the pinnacle of the performance models like the Motorsport (ignoring HSV’s since many think they are another brand :p) :rolleyes: So any grumbles about the name plate can’t solely be about one the V8 performance models as it’s looking at the commodore nameplate in an unbalanced way ;) but I too would have preferred the nameplate was retired :rolleyes:

Regardless, to put another way, the horse is dead, the stables burnt to the ground, the funerals will happen and it’s only the date to be defined... so why continue discussing Appaloosa verses Arabian verses Friesian. The horses are dead o_O

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
lolwot.....coz you don't understand that concept no one else has a valid opinion ?

Also, why you post about no bullsh!t yet continue to spout it ?????
I have seen so many write about badges who talk in circles about intangibles I can put a sticker on my chest and say I am a great man.. its completely meanlingness. What are my behaviours, what do I actually do. Thats what matters. how good Am I . It applies to a car . You see a badge, that badge is just not the truth.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I can put a sticker on my chest and say I am a great man..

Based on your posts here, I would doubt its accuracy.....and akin to putting a Commodore badge on ZB.

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
Based on your posts here, I would doubt its accuracy.....and akin to putting a Commodore badge on ZB.
Well then continue on in your fake world, like you're doing now, making meaningless, nothing comments and quips about nothing. I’ll keep looking under the bonnet, and living in the real world of the tangible. I’ll continue to use enquiry, and the below the surface method.
Well that’s a clearer statement as I initially read your earlier post to mean something a little different... hence my post...

So yes, designing something like a Kluger AWD which is aimed towards a different audience and reusing a Landcruiser badge does a disservice which in essence dilutes the Landcruise badge...

Thing with the commodore badge is that it covered a wide model variant from the A to B base model all the way up to the pinnacle of the performance models like the Motorsport (ignoring HSV’s since many think they are another brand :p) :rolleyes: So any grumbles about the name plate can’t solely be about one the V8 performance models as it’s looking at the commodore nameplate in an unbalanced way ;) but I too would have preferred the nameplate was retired :rolleyes:

Regardless, to put another way, the horse is dead, the stables burnt to the ground, the funerals will happen and it’s only the date to be defined... so why continue discussing Appaloosa verses Arabian verses Friesian. The horses are dead o_O
What bloody nonsense this is, read it again and you’ll question your thinking .. contorted, strange, obsessed about the unreal

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
Baulking and weaving and making vacuous comments ( look it up)

Status
Not open for further replies.