Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Zb commorde haters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB LT Sedan 4 cylinder 2 Litre Petrol Turbo
Not arguing with your overall position but those reviews aren't necessarily as independent as one would think.

Follow the money.
Ok then, expand on the forensics about the payola some ZB Commodore reviewer got . Can’t you leave it alone and simply say perhaps what research you actually do when you start the process to purchase. I’m genuinely interested. My point is that I trust the reviews, and most if not all of them, they seem well balanced, and yes they are a snapshot . I am not a mechanic or auto engineer. Really good reviews would be those where a new car owner was contacted after say 6 or 12 months after purchase, and properly gave consent to releasing their address or perhaps phone number to a reviewer. That might be utopian.

Chalks1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 CALAIS ZB V Tourer
Australian motorists don't want sedans or wagon's anymore in the way they once did, no matter how good the car is.

If there was a V8 option, there would be a market for sedans / wagons

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Isn’t it interesting you only targeted your comments based on me effectively criticising the comment ‘wrong car, wrong time’ . Why bother defend yourself. 85 % or suv owners don’t go off the bitumen. A very detailed searching article (about 10 days ago) on Apple news on suvs painted a lousy picture about the poor outcomes you get from buying one, fuel consumption, environmental impact, handling and other aspects . I personally make my own assessments, I did that guided by my research, reviews etc. You dont seem to be arguing about the very good tangible things about my car, so let’s hold a truce. And let me reflect. Sometime ago auto reviewers got together tO talk about the ZB ... summary was it came up very well. What they did say overwhelmingly was most or all of people who canned the car hadn’t even got in it, let alone drive it. That’s is the substantive reason I get so so annoyed, particularly when independent reviews said it was brilliant! . I could not care a hoot what most drivers buy... its the widget ... and the 2 litre petrol turbo is brilliant if you want a very quick, agile, powerful goldilocks car with the best value for money car purchase I have ever made.
It’s interesting too that those who do drive it (and perhaps other cars) in the lead up to purchase, love the car. But if a person rocks up To drive it without a readiness, or real intent to buy a car, don’t rate it well either. Further, it is generally accepted that ZB owners are absolutely delighted with their cars, the VXR being an exception. I was staggered when I found that when the speedo said that I was travelling at 112 klm per hour , it was revving at 1400 rpm. It’s saloon car bliss with low fuel consumption overall too. A car thats the wrong time ( at least is the Tesla Model 3.. a whopping $78000 drive away when I last checked , probably more today. Electric cars have a halo effect at present, but engineering scientists have great concerns about battery recyclability, it’s difficulty aside from the dirty aftermath of lithium.Nevertheless, I would buy a very small electric but aside from perhaps Uniti One (if it ever gets going and price here is not over 20k) I don’t see a $20000 drive away electric car that’s any good it would seem right now. The Govt is doing nothing to promote electric, particularly getting rego tick off for very small electrics too like the Renault Twizzy, or the Toyota I Road which is an absolutely beautifully eye catching vehicle but slowish and lousy range. It seems even if the range and speed of it improves, it probably won’t arrive here.
I'm not defending myself you fool. I'm not the one who bought a car that's so wonderful it hardly sold and is going to be dropped from the product line before the end of the year. FFS, take off your rose tinted glasses and face reality. No matter how good the car is, it hardly sold, not because it was bad, not because people didn't like it, not because it was FWD, not because it didn't have a V8. It was because the whole market has changed and people don't want sedans. You are so blinded by your infatuation with your "goldilocks" car (whatever that means. Just right I suppose) that you simply can't comprehend you are one of a very small number of people who want one of those cars anymore, no matter how good it is. How hard can that be to understand?

Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Ok then, expand on the forensics about the payola some ZB Commodore reviewer got .

All of the car review sites (which car, car sales et al) do not run on a subscription basis. Nor are they charities spreading the word for free.

How do they survive ? Advertising.

Physical magazines do charge for the privilege of reading their output but still heavily rely on advertising to generate revenue.

They aren't going to bite the hand that feeds them, i.e. the major manufacturer's / advertisers.

And yes, I agree long term reviews of the reliability, NVH etc of vehicles would be a good thing but that doesn't necessarily pay the bills unless it resulted in more website clicks which may lead to increased advertising dollars.

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB LT Sedan 4 cylinder 2 Litre Petrol Turbo
i
I'm not defending myself you fool. I'm not the one who bought a car that's so wonderful it hardly sold and is going to be dropped from the product line before the end of the year. FFS, take off your rose tinted glasses and face reality. No matter how good the car is, it hardly sold, not because it was bad, not because people didn't like it, not because it was FWD, not because it didn't have a V8. It was because the whole market has changed and people don't want sedans. You are so blinded by your infatuation with your "goldilocks" car (whatever that means. Just right I suppose) that you simply can't comprehend you are one of a very small number of people who want one of those cars anymore, no matter how good it is. How hard can that be to understand?
I fully understood what’s was happening with Commodore’s future at the time of purchase, and what decisions people make particularly about stupid purchases of suvs.. The Apple news article was very critical of suvs, so I am totally comfortable with my ZB. I have what’s called ‘smart’ rose coloured glasses.
How’s the Craptiva?. The logic that my Commodore won’t be made any more and that is terrible thing, is flawed. I buy based on the widget, not at all based on the name of a car. Dozens of people on this site talk about VFs and others as being the wonderful cars.They live in the past... The reality is the opposite..unquestionably, the later the car model the better.. I am doing that in buying more frequently...yes there may be odd exceptions ... BTW car depreciation is large across the board, perhaps with the exception of off road 4 wheel drive cars. My joy is completely sufficient in driving a great car, that’s it. You know as well as I do that a lot of people change their car about every 3 years. I tend to do the same, though now that I have retired and am generally travelling less, Ill probably hang on longer because of this ZB. If I drop thousands of bux on a future purchase, no matter. Life is short .. rest assured I never would have bought a VXR .. oh dear, nor a Craptiva

Last edited:

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
The Captiva is fine, no problems and meets my needs, which your precious ZB can't do. It's too low, making it difficult to enter and leave which you might discover when you reach my age. I bought my car because it is easy to get in and out of, not because its trendy, or because I'm a sheep, but because its practical for me. Don't try slagging off at the Captiva. You bitch because you reckon others haven't even bothered trying the ZB out. I'll bet the same thing applies to you with regard to the Captiva. I didn't **** can your car, I ridiculed your failure to accept others point of view. You truly are a pedantic flea. **** off.

Last edited:

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
What a inane comment that is nonsense . First, I own one so I know.. the LT sedan, 4 cyl 2 litre petrol turbo has been rated by professional auto reviewers as ‘brilliant’ , and it is.. so go away and do the research and then make worthy comment

famly guy.gif

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
And the Gretal Thumbtack award for the “ I am right, and my opinion is correct, and the rest of you are wrong ” appearance...………
may I have the thick envelope, please ……………. goes to ……………….

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
Apart from not taking corners that well in spirited driving....... what makes an SUV so bad compared to a ZB for a daily driver?
Must admit, as much as it hurts this sedan fan boi to say, the wife's new V6 Sorento is a great car.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Apart from not taking corners that well in spirited driving....... what makes an SUV so bad compared to a ZB for a daily driver?
Must admit, as much as it hurts this sedan fan boi to say, the wife's new V6 Sorento is a great car.
The Sorento is one of the better SUV's. SUV haters won't like it but generally, that class of vehicle has improved enormously in recent years and the idea that people mistakenly buy them for their supposed off road ability and taking on the great outdoors is totally erroneous. They have their obvious faults but their versatility, particularly compared to sedans, is their strong point. Older drivers like the ease of access. The tall driving position isn't really an advantage anymore because they are so numerous that you are only looking through the back window of the car ahead, not over the roof.

Status
Not open for further replies.