Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Zb commorde haters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
We drove past the local Holden stealership last week. Lots of SUV's and trucks on the lot (even a used Ranger) but not a ZB to be seen.....

I still confuse the ZB with a Mazda until I get to see the grill!

I can't stand SUV's and trucks, they are oversized, kill parking spaces and block your view when driving. A Commodore used to be one of the bigger vehicles on the road, now it pales compared to many SUV's which generally only a grocery getter and child transporter with 4wd for when it rains....

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
i

I fully understood what’s was happening with Commodore’s future at the time of purchase, and what decisions people make particularly about stupid purchases of suvs.. The Apple news article was very critical of suvs, so I am totally comfortable with my ZB. I have what’s called ‘smart’ rose coloured glasses.
How’s the Craptiva?. The logic that my Commodore won’t be made any more and that is terrible thing, is flawed. I buy based on the widget, not at all based on the name of a car. Dozens of people on this site talk about VFs and others as being the wonderful cars.They live in the past... The reality is the opposite..unquestionably, the later the car model the better.. I am doing that in buying more frequently...yes there may be odd exceptions ... BTW car depreciation is large across the board, perhaps with the exception of off road 4 wheel drive cars. My joy is completely sufficient in driving a great car, that’s it. You know as well as I do that a lot of people change their car about every 3 years. I tend to do the same, though now that I have retired and am generally travelling less, Ill probably hang on longer because of this ZB. If I drop thousands of bux on a future purchase, no matter. Life is short .. rest assured I never would have bought a VXR .. oh dear, nor a Craptiva

And that is all that needs to be said about the current generation of drivers....

The ZB is dead, you better hope the build quality and life expectancy is great because if I was a betting man I would put my money on their not been a lot of support for these vehicles here in Australasia, in the future like their is for the real Commodore.

Wrong car, wrong time to call it a Commodore. If Holden had sold the car on it's merits rather than on the Goodwill on the Commodore brand it may have been a different story, but then it was a end of life model at Opel so in reality it was doomed before it ever reached our shores.

TBH, I really couldn't care what colour glasses you wear, you are part of a small minority. I'm glad you like your ZB, I'm sure it's a decent car with plenty of great widgets but please don't be mistaken into thinking you are driving a real Commodore. A real Commodore is designed/built in Australia, it is RWD and comes with a V8 option.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
The Sorento is one of the better SUV's. SUV haters won't like it

In one of those heavily biased, payola incentivised road tests that have been questioned on here, from a couple of years ago, motor noters gave it a big thumbs up, with the proviso that it "would not frighten a Territory". (Pat my missus on the bum for her good choice there.)

SUVs generally …. if you can't see past them them, join them. We just came back from shopping where a current model Nissan Patrol was parked next us, what a humungous piece of metal, the Territory looked like Noddy's car next to it.
I am dismayed by the reported demand for US utes, just what we need for the suburbs …….. more ginormous vehicles bought for towing the expensive front garden ornament west of the Great Dividing Range, wunday.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
In one of those heavily biased, payola incentivised road tests that have been questioned on here, from a couple of years ago, motor noters gave it a big thumbs up, with the proviso that it "would not frighten a Territory". (Pat my missus on the bum for her good choice there.)

SUVs generally …. if you can't see past them them, join them. We just came back from shopping where a current model Nissan Patrol was parked next us, what a humungous piece of metal, the Territory looked like Noddy's car next to it.
I am dismayed by the reported demand for US utes, just what we need for the suburbs …….. more ginormous vehicles bought for towing the expensive front garden ornament west of the Great Dividing Range, wunday.
our Captiva is the smaller Antara derived 5 seater. It fits into the mid-size category and is dwarfed by Prados, Lancruisers, etc. This morning, while parked, a Ram 1500 pulled in next to me. TBH, why the hell anybody wants something that size is beyond me. When the Hilux came out a few years back, it seemed huge compared to its predecessors and just about any other utes. Now it's matched from Nissan, Holden, VW, Ford.... Everybody has bigger and bigger utes/trucks. I hate to say it but we are blindly following the US trend.

Last edited:

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
there heading our way
……. and with column gear shifts ! The last time I changed gear like that was about 1968.
Everything old is new again : leaf springs, drum brakes, big blunt drag inducing front grilles, high fuel consumption, high roll centres, blah blah....

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Drove my first ZB the other day, did absolutely nothing for me, felt like driving a Camry.

Quite happy for it to be discontinued, Holden has truly given up on cars for enthusiasts, everything they are importing is boring.

Now HSV on the other hand is a different story.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Say what you want. If the car really was that good, theyd be selling them, and they aren’t.

BLACK-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS, VE SS ute 360rwkws daily VE LPG
I can't stand SUV's and trucks, they are oversized, kill parking spaces and block your view when driving. A Commodore used to be one of the bigger vehicles on the road, now it pales compared to many SUV's which generally only a grocery getter and child transporter with 4wd for when it rains....
was the same but work Ranger is really nice to drive and got used to it now, hated the Isuzu ute we had before that was like a tractor

Status
Not open for further replies.