Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ZB holden made for Australian conditions ???

wobbles123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6 Auto Ute, 2013 VF SV6 Auto Sedan.
Spacesaver Spare Wheel & Tyre for all models except the VXR. !@#$%^&*
Tyre Inflater Kit for the VXR ( due to the rear diff. AWD encroaching into the Spacesaver Spare Wheel area. !@#$%^&*
Even the first Kraut Wagon (VW ) had a full size spare in the boot space in the front from the year dot.
Give me the VF/VE models that had full alloy wheels even though they were an extra on some models.

About 2 years ago I took my VE Ute from from Newcastle to Tiboburra....got a side wall puncture half way there...no spare tyres for holdens there...had to wait till returning to Broken Hill....only tyres for Toyota 4WD"s...... total of 400Kms.....Spacesaver and/or Inflater you would still be there on the side of the road.

By the way the Ve Ute performed faultlessly on the rock, strewn dry corrugated road of approx. 500Kms....so there you go....Holden's were certainly built for Australian conditions...not the ZB built for pussy foot roads in Europe.

The VF (early models ) had CD,DVD, 2 Horns & cup holders in the back seat...The VF models have a better dash than the ZB and have more character and poise both inside and outside.

Last edited:

apollo13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE LPG
Spacesaver Spare Wheel & Tyre for all models except the VXR. !@#$%^&*
Tyre Inflater Kit for the VXR ( due to the rear diff. AWD encroaching into the Spacesaver Spare Wheel area. !@#$%^&*
Even the first Kraut Wagon (VW ) had a full size spare in the boot space in the front from the year dot.
Give me the VF/VE models that had full alloy wheels even though they were an extra on some models.

Why can't they do the spare upright, like in the VN-VS era? Much better than pulling everything out of the boot, like you do with spare in the bottom

ellisjuan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Calais 5.7
They've been using space saver spare wheels since VY. Nothing new there.

Having spent the extra on a premium model, I was pretty upset when I found that mine didn't have a full size spare alloy in the boot... and even more so when I found that my wife's '06 Honda Accord did!

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
The lack of ability for a full size spare in cars is a deal breaker for me. I do too many kms on regional, rural and country roads to now have a fully usable spare.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I went down to an auto wrecker , and got a full size 17" to use as a spare for my VZ . The lack of full size spare's is an annoyance , but a money saver for the manufacturer .

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
They've been using space saver spare wheels since VY. Nothing new there.

Having spent the extra on a premium model, I was pretty upset when I found that mine didn't have a full size spare alloy in the boot... and even more so when I found that my wife's '06 Honda Accord did!

Been using space savers since the VT models....Put in the Monaros that were exported to the good ole' USA.

IMA those space savers looked like genuine mags, until you got close and realised they were skinny as all get go.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Nah, they're just built to suit GM's budget, nothing more than that!

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Nah, they're just built to suit GM's budget, nothing more than that.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
You'll find that vehicles that were sold through city based dealerships had spacesavers, while vehicles that were sold in regional dealerships had a full size mag in the boot. The reason ? that a vehicle in a regional area did not comply with ADR if fitted with a SS wheel as the speed limit outside the township is generally around 100~110 kph and SS wheels could not comply with that, thus a full size wheel is installed.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
again the system has glitched and posted the same message up twice thus I've removed the duplicate text.