Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ZB holden made for Australian conditions ???

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Space savers are very cleverly designed. They look so damned ugly, you just HAVE to get your flat fixed and get the space saver back out of sight ASAP.

Some yes, some no.....The early space saver option, meant a steel wheel was the spare for larger alloy wheels....So you could bolt on 4 steel rims and some hub caps and it looked normal. Some cars even have this option to this day

I also saw space savers made by Holden back in 2002/2003, which looked identical to the larger alloys, with the exception it was narrower in width to the alloys fitted to the car....I believe they were designed for the O/S market

But as a general rule, yes they look ugly

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
The ones I had in mind were the hideous yellow things that come in some Jap cars.

uz3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
I have a beautiful brand spanking new full-sized factory 19" wheel in the boot of my Calais. I've been driving her for nearly 4 years - never used the spare once.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
None of my cars came with a matching spare, and yes, I have had the need for a matching spare on all of them.
It is cheaper and easier to buy a used set of four spares than to seek out one, or buy a new spare.
The most annoying instance was the Territory Ghia. The 3rd row seats, sidesteps and DVD were all standard, but a matching spare and tyre was about $800 extra. I tried to delete the seats and DVD in exchange for a spare, but was told that it would have to be a special order, with no refund for the cost of the deleted items, but still $800 for the wheel. No brainer, that.
Consequently I now have a total of 26 wheels for 3 cars.