Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ZB in the mainstream media

Hackney

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 GT Mustang,2019 Honda CR-V VTI LX AWD.
What i find laughable over the negativity for the ZB is that forty years ago, when Holden went from traditional big, crude locally designed cars to the Commodore, the market accepted the change without all this childish, biased and unfounded hatred. I suspect many of those making these ****-for-brains comments were born after 1978 and never experienced the radical change in direction that the VB represented for Holden back then.
The ZB is the next generation. Get over it.
Xactly! They still want their “tyre spinning” RWD V8s,when there is so much better out there.The last gen Commodore is yesterday.Hell even the Japanese & Korean marques run rings around the things.It was good in its day.It is now over.A new day is here.Cheers:);)

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
What i find laughable over the negativity for the ZB is that forty years ago, when Holden went from traditional big, crude locally designed cars to the Commodore, the market accepted the change without all this childish, biased and unfounded hatred. I suspect many of those making these ****-for-brains comments were born after 1978 and never experienced the radical change in direction that the VB represented for Holden back then.
The ZB is the next generation. Get over it.

mate people hated the first commodores when they rolled off the production lines back in the 70's - especially the turd that was the 4cyl commodore.

ZB is ugly worse still it's bland, no-one wants it, it's dead in the water. No one even cares enough to go try it and see if it's any good which to be clear i haven't even debated. it could give free blowies for all i or the motoring public care.

I'm looking to move over to a VF in the next year or two and keep the Monaro as just a weekender. I'll never even step into a ZB and I'm not alone. GM heads in their sand execs just don't get that, they don't care or even understand.

I've always said that Commodore should have shifted to a premium only model they could have kept manufacturing here but that's not the GM way, it's all volume to them and no volume = failure. Thus we get barely good enough cars with these huge fat margins now. when manufacturing left aus everyone here got screwed. where's the cheap cars we were promised? it never happened.

ZB? drive it off a cliff because in 5 years it'll be worth nothing. According to Redbook it will retain 18% in 5 - that's a kick in the clackers if ever there was one.

Hackney

Reaction score
Members Ride
mate people hated the first commodores when they rolled off the production lines back in the 70's - especially the turd that was the 4cyl commodore.

ZB is ugly worse still it's bland, no-one wants it, it's dead in the water. No one even cares enough to go try it and see if it's any good which to be clear i haven't even debated. it could give free blowies for all i or the motoring public care.

I'm looking to move over to a VF in the next year or two and keep the Monaro as just a weekender. I'll never even step into a ZB and I'm not alone. GM heads in their sand execs just don't get that, they don't care or even understand.

I've always said that Commodore should have shifted to a premium only model they could have kept manufacturing here but that's not the GM way, it's all volume to them and no volume = failure. Thus we get barely good enough cars with these huge fat margins now. when manufacturing left aus everyone here got screwed. where's the cheap cars we were promised? it never happened.

ZB? drive it off a cliff because in 5 years it'll be worth nothing. According to Redbook it will retain 18% in 5 - that's a kick in the clackers if ever there was one.
Well off you go and buy your VF,because resale is pretty bad on them as well.If you buy a car for resale,your mad.It isn’t an investment.Resale does not even come into the equation as far as I am concerned.Unless you have in that “special” category,ie: Two door XC Cobra.( which my son sold a while ago.)Go and buy some realestate if your worried about “resale”!And far as a “premium” model(where an earth did you dig that one up from?) We did not produce enough units in this country.To be viable a manufacturer(globally) has to produce @ least 100,000 units annually.Go read up on the “Button” Plan.You do know who he is I take it? When the rot set in for the Australian auto industry.Cheers:):)

Zehq

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF2 SV6 Black
Ford aren't getting much (if any) backlash. Probably because they retired the Falcon name unlike GMH.

Villa_23

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS 2.0 turbo
Wouldn’t say no one I bought one and love it. Looks is in the eye of the beholder I think the vf is ugly and would never of bought one, people just need to get over the crap if your don’t buy a car purely on a name then your a fool.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
They hated the VB so much it sold over 90 thousand and was quickly the top seller in the country. It was so popular they were able to kill off the HZ and the UC. The 4 cylinder didn't t appear until the next model.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
They hated the VB so much it sold over 90 thousand and was quickly the top seller in the country. It was so popular they were able to kill off the HZ and the UC. The 4 cylinder didn't t appear until the next model.

helps when there's bugger all choice.

Ford aren't getting much (if any) backlash. Probably because they retired the Falcon name unlike GMH.

also Ford owners more strongly associate the brand with Ford USA than Holden which was strongly associated to Australia. Same with Toyota, Toyota buyers hell half of them probably didn't even realise the Camry was made in Melbourne.

Hackney

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pretty much.They moved on.Doing quite nicely now,but....if not for Ranger & lesser extent Mustang they might be in a bit of bother.Their range of vehicles isn’t bad either,with more to come.Holden made the dreadful mistake of calling the ZB a Commodore,should have retired the name gracefully & let it slip into the sunset.Let’s hope for Holden’s sake Acadia sells in reasonable no.s.Cheers:)

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

The existence of the internet today highlights peoples views more than ever.

There may well have been plenty of people standing around the barbie in their stubbies sinking cans of (insert state brewed domestic beer) whingeing / lamenting the loss of the big Aussie car, it's just that their views were restricted to those within earshot rather than the whole world.

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
Wouldn’t say no one I bought one and love it. Looks is in the eye of the beholder I think the vf is ugly and would never of bought one, people just need to get over the crap if your don’t buy a car purely on a name then your a fool.
You're forgetting that the commodore has a loyal fan base like not many other car models do. So significant changes to it was always going to have a backlash and some existing owners boycotting it.
As has been said 100 times, they should have called it something else so it could be judged on it's own merits.