Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ZB In the Real World

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
the stupid huge monster things some of the mothers roll in to pick their child up in, and the shuffling around trying to park the monster

Remember that FORD advert when the Territory was being pitched as a family wagon for school pickup?
The tag line was "nice rig"

fxxxrr

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL statesman FX holden EH holden
saw my first ZB on the road the road the other day, have seen them in car yards but not in the wild, to be honest it looked like a mazda, or a toyota or a hyundai or.... only way i could tell it apart from the humdrum was the chrome grille bar, thats what caught my eye, if not for that would have driven straight past, and it would have just been another nondescript white car

LMF 17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR
I’ve only seen one in the wild not counting the 4 we have, as they’re Govt fleet. We now have 3 LT wagons and one Calais lift back which one of our Exec officers has got, which he loves. In regards to the LT wagon I have driven it to Geelong and first impression is that when taken in isolation it’s not a bad car. With the demise of local production we’re getting lots of different vehicles now and I’ve driven the new Camry and Liberty as well. Of these 3 vehicles I would rate the Liberty 3rd, the Camry 2nd and the Commodore 1st. Yes, it’s not a VF but against its competitors it does stack up. Only issue is that it’s a bit light on equipment and hasn’t got all the latest safety tech compared to the other two, but it goes, stops and handles better than them. Would I buy one, probably not, as I love my dinosaur VF V8 and when it gets retired from daily duty, I’ll most likely buy a smaller hot hatch type vehicle for the daily driver and as I’ll still have the VF, I can bring that out when I need to carry multiple passengers.

Wayno73

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SS
I was lucky enough to score a ZB as a loan car on Friday. It was an LT wagon and I must say I was impressed. It was roomy, comfy had enough equipment. Being the 2.0 litre turbo, it was also quick enough. It's not going to suit a V8 driver but as an everyday car it was pretty good.

Would I buy one? No, i'm into 4WD's these days but I reckon an RS Liftback would be an awesome replacement for the missus Barina.

John Revill

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.2L A6
My neighbor bought a ZB a few weeks ago. Not a bad looking car, very nice on the inside. But does it deserve the name "Commodore". No way. The Commodore was an Australian made car we could all be proud of. They should have retired the name when they stopped making it here. And having no V8 option is the final nail in the coffin. But is it a good car? Yes.

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
Saw my first one in the wild this morning. ( not driven by Holden employee) It was a dark grey RS. Looked good.......
I'd only seen white and red at the dealer before and they looked ****. The dark colour looked nice.
As others have said, probably a good car thats being judged on it's name not what it offers. Very euro in looks and not in the ball park of what we're used to.
Yes it looked nice...... but a few cars behind it was a black vf2 redline. That looked awesome and tough as. Would i trade my redline in on a ZB? Not a chance in hell.
Would I consider a ZB if in the market for a V6 daily driven family car? Yes, if it came with 7 years warranty and the price was right.

uz3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Yes it looked nice...... but a few cars behind it was a black vf2 redline. That looked awesome and tough as. Would i trade my redline in on a ZB? Not a chance in hell.

Would I consider a ZB if in the market for a V6 daily driven family car? Yes, if it came with 7 years warranty and the price was right.

Spot on. Basically, the ZB is not for V8 enthusiasts - for everyone else its fine. I love my V6 VF Calais V and if I saw a ZB Calais V at the right price with the right warranty, Id be happy to upgrade.

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
saw one yesterday too. golden bronze colour, grandpa taking his grandson for a spin

it looked almost like the 5 door jaguar it was sitting behind at the lights

nothing sexy about it though, headlights were ok

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Saw 2 yesterday arvo, at the airport traffic lights. Both white. Rentals ?
Easy to spot now, they have the 'winged lion' grille.
How many of the VFACTS sales so far have been to hire car companies ?