Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ZB RS/V Commodore headlights

Rexby

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS/V
Hi, Can any of you knowledgeable people out there tell me where to find the headlight adjustment screws to aim the headlights. My left hand one is too low but I can't see where to adjust it. Thanks for any assistance. (I couldn't find the right prefix for this model)
Rex.

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
I know you only said the left one was too low, but is it possible you need to adjust the levelling control? See page 136 of the Owners Manual

I think there are adjustment screws, I'll have a look tomorrow and post what I find.

Rexby

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS/V
Hi, Can any of you knowledgeable people out there tell me where to find the headlight adjustment screws to aim the headlights. My left hand one is too low but I can't see where to adjust it. Thanks for any assistance. (I couldn't find the right prefix for this model)
Rex.
I know you only said the left one was too low, but is it possible you need to adjust the levelling control? See page 136 of the Owners Manual

I think there are adjustment screws, I'll have a look tomorrow and post what I find.
Thanks for that. Yes, I am aware of the levelling control and it is set to zero i.e. the highest setting constantly . I don't use it because that brings all the lights down lower which is not what I want to do. I just need to bring the left hand one up on both high and dip beams.

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
I couldn't find any details on how to adjust the headlights. I had a good look at my car and took some photos. One of which I have attached along with three arrows showing what might be adjusting screws.
screenshot_20200101-213944_dropbox.684

full

I guess your car is still under warranty. It might worthwhile getting the dealer to set it correctly for you.

Rexby

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS/V
I couldn't find any details on how to adjust the headlights. I had a good look at my car and took some photos. One of which I have attached along with three arrows showing what might be adjusting screws.
screenshot_20200101-213944_dropbox.684

full

I guess your car is still under warranty. It might worthwhile getting the dealer to set it correctly for you.
The car has just had it's first service and I asked the dealer to have a look at them to bring it up. They said there's nothing wrong with them and that if they adjusted them up I would be blinding other motorists. That doesn't alter the fact that the left hand lamp is a lot lower than the right. And the levelling control may as well not be there. According to the manual it is put there to level the lights depending on load but I've never used it yet and I'm not blinding others.
Could they intentionally set one light lower than the other?

Rexby

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS/V
The car has just had it's first service and I asked the dealer to have a look at them to bring it up. They said there's nothing wrong with them and that if they adjusted them up I would be blinding other motorists. That doesn't alter the fact that the left hand lamp is a lot lower than the right. And the levelling control may as well not be there. According to the manual it is put there to level the lights depending on load but I've never used it yet and I'm not blinding others.
Could they intentionally set one light lower than the other?
PS I couldn't find the photos you said you attached. I'm new to 'Just Commodores' - maybe I didn't know where to look. I did see the photo icon with IMG beside it, but it doesn't appear to be an active link.

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
PS I couldn't find the photos you said you attached. I'm new to 'Just Commodores' - maybe I didn't know where to look. I did see the photo icon with IMG beside it, but it doesn't appear to be an active link.

Sorry, I had the permissions set incorrectly on my album, the only person who could view them was myself. I've changed the permissions so you should be able to see it now.

benny66

Benno
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY14 Calais V ZB MY18 Calais V
I am looking through the user manual to find out how to turn OFF the auto headlights. There are times when the headlights come on and it is not really that dark. I cannot find where the 'OFF' is. I looked at the Buick Regal user manual and there is an OFF position on the switch but it seems there is not one on the ZB. Any ideas?

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
left hand lamps are supposed to be lower.

Robdre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 RS ZB Commodore 3.6L AWD
left hand lamps are supposed to be lower.
I read that somewhere too.
Can you post a link to that as I would also like to refresh my memory as the left one does cast a really low weird beam.

Thanks