Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ZB RSV Centre Console cup Holder Cover

Trevb54

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS-V
Hi, does any one know how to remove the cup holder behind the gear shift. I need to fix the cover as it wont lock in place.

Trevb54

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS-V
Ok I got it out. Easier than I thought. But I have no idea how it works as in how it locks into place when it's closed.

I made a video if you want to see how I did it. Hope I'm allowed to put the YouTube link

Last edited:

kwhelan

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB VXR
thanks
you havn't got any pics of whats inside once its out, specifically of the wireless charger that is sitting directly behind the unit you removed.
just thinking about modifying/replacing it with a modern qi charger pad
also Im curious as to whats going on in the front. I have a small flat tray in front of the cupholders, under the front slide lid which has a wireless symbol in the rubber matting on top.
can't find what thats about, unless its something to do with the key fob maybe

Trevb54

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS-V
Hi thanks for your comment. There is nothing to see once it's out. The charger pad is more located in the centre console and not accessible from that area. Not sure about the front cupholders only know when you slide the cover back you have access to another 12v cigarette power source.

kwhelan

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB VXR
thanks, slightly confused though so perhaps you could clarify what you meant by centre console
the rubber phone mount is right in the front of the arm rest cubby.
basically right behind where you were working
when inserted the phone is pushed by rubber to align flat across the front edge of said vertical pocket.
Logically the charger coil has to behind the front face or are you saying that the entire armrest is its own complete unit and there is no access through from the exposed hole you opened. I was imagining the entire console from dash to rear would be one chamber underneath the various covers.

Trevb54

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS-V
thanks, slightly confused though so perhaps you could clarify what you meant by centre console
the rubber phone mount is right in the front of the arm rest cubby.
basically right behind where you were working
when inserted the phone is pushed by rubber to align flat across the front edge of said vertical pocket.
Logically the charger coil has to behind the front face or are you saying that the entire armrest is its own complete unit and there is no access through from the exposed hole you opened. I was imagining the entire console from dash to rear would be one chamber underneath the various covers.
Sorry I meant the charger is under the arm rest. Well it is in my car.

Attachments

• 20220617_111348.jpg
    20220617_111348.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 79

kwhelan

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB VXR
Hey, i've followed your video and think I have the 4 side clips loose, the unit is sitting about 15mm up and free all around but I cant seem to actually remove it completely,
It was getting to dark so I had to abandon but
The only thing I can see is the clips looked like they needed pushing inwards to release but you show them bending outward.
just wondering if I have loosened some sort of holding frame as well instead of just seperating the compartment?
any ideas

Trevb54

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS-V
Hey, i've followed your video and think I have the 4 side clips loose, the unit is sitting about 15mm up and free all around but I cant seem to actually remove it completely,
It was getting to dark so I had to abandon but
The only thing I can see is the clips looked like they needed pushing inwards to release but you show them bending outward.
just wondering if I have loosened some sort of holding frame as well instead of just seperating the compartment?
any ideas
Once you've got the clips to release it will just come out. I assume you have the centre console cover plate out of the way.