Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ZB Screen Surround Plastic

Zugfrig78

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB LT Commodore
Hi, I just got a 2018 ZB Commodore... the plastic around the screen is all scratched and I was thinking of taking it off and getting it chrome wrapped... any idea how to get it off?

Attachments

• plastic.PNG
    plastic.PNG
    305.4 KB · Views: 179

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Have a look in the service manual and see if it has anything

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Chrome wrapping the surround may look good but depending on its angles and such, during summer such bling can be rather blinding to the driver...

Proceed with some thought...

Jack GS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 Buick Regal GS
After downloading the service manual @stooge supplied, the info you're looking for is on page 1183. Search "instrument panel trim plate".

1619554130362.png

In order to get to that point, you'll have to remove a few other trim pieces first though. I had to remove the same trim pieces covering the screen surround when removing my cluster. They all just pop off with a bit of force. I documented the process on the Buick Forum in this thread: How To: Instrument Cluster Removal

Note: I have the 8" display, but it's the same procedure. You'll only have to go through Steps 1-3, and possibly Step 4, before the surround plate is accessible. I cannot stress enough the importance of using plastic trim removal tools!!! They can be purchased at just about any auto parts store and are invaluable for any trim work.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
At this age I would thoroughly recommend trying to source something new over wrapping. The parts likely won't be expensive and being a global car readily available.

TLDR get a new one while you can.

Zugfrig78

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB LT Commodore
After downloading the service manual @stooge supplied, the info you're looking for is on page 1183. Search "instrument panel trim plate".

View attachment 221864
In order to get to that point, you'll have to remove a few other trim pieces first though. I had to remove the same trim pieces covering the screen surround when removing my cluster. They all just pop off with a bit of force. I documented the process on the Buick Forum in this thread: How To: Instrument Cluster Removal

Note: I have the 8" display, but it's the same procedure. You'll only have to go through Steps 1-3, and possibly Step 4, before the surround plate is accessible. I cannot stress enough the importance of using plastic trim removal tools!!! They can be purchased at just about any auto parts store and are invaluable for any trim work.
Thankyou