Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

zb service

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
full

I cleaned the windows on a ZB while my mate serviced it At 16000 k's . Fleet car driven by a doctor or someone important. Do you think 16000k's out of the front tyres is ok? If it was my car I would of drove on them a bit more but they wouldn't last till the next service so it got 2 new front tyres. I think they will be a nasty car in time to come. Im a bit out of touch these days when it comes to tyres I used to think my old HZ was hard on tyres at a new set every 30K but I was an idiot and drove it hard often when I was younger now my personal 4wd is currently over 40K on the bighorn MT's and theres still over half left on them.
Ill try update this thread next time we see the ZB with some useful info of what tyres we put on it and how they are lasting. Resetting the service like is the small workshops timewaster.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
4WD, soft tyres, driven hard = probably what you see.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
4WD, soft tyres, driven hard = probably what you see.
It had been by the look of the disks I'd guess but unless its been on a race track with respect to the gentleman driving it I doubt its been driven hard to the version of a most just commodore members.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I guess it comes down to how it was driven but if that was driven normally and it's worn the tyres that quickly I'd not be happy. Considering it's a lease job's probably been given it's beans regularly.