Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ZB Servicing in WA

ads_german

Reaction score
Anyone with thoughts on servicing for ZB models post the Holden exit from Aus? I'm 2nd owner of a 2018 VXR that was first registered in late 2020, has now done 11,000km, that I'm looking to have serviced (I changed the oil when I bought it with 5,000km on the clock last year).

I have an independent mechanic I'm happy with, but wondering if a service history via a former Holden dealership, now GMSV, might makes things easier if I ever needed a warranty repair? Just aware of the occasional transmission and diff issues with v6 ZBs. I believe my warranty runs to 2025 as it was only first registered Oct 20.

Any thoughts/experiences in Perth in particular? Had Gardiner Holden (now GMSV) carry out recall work on my prior VF, no strong opinions of them either way though...

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Anyone with thoughts on servicing for ZB models post the Holden exit from Aus? I'm 2nd owner of a 2018 VXR that was first registered in late 2020, has now done 11,000km, that I'm looking to have serviced (I changed the oil when I bought it with 5,000km on the clock last year).

I have an independent mechanic I'm happy with, but wondering if a service history via a former Holden dealership, now GMSV, might makes things easier if I ever needed a warranty repair? Just aware of the occasional transmission and diff issues with v6 ZBs. I believe my warranty runs to 2025 as it was only first registered Oct 20.

Any thoughts/experiences in Perth in particular? Had Gardiner Holden (now GMSV) carry out recall work on my prior VF, no strong opinions of them either way though...

you can use any "qualified mechanic" to service the vehicle as long as they follow the log book and you keep records of the service.

vehicle manufactures in this country cannot force you to use their dealer network for servicing or deny warranty claims because you got your vehicle serviced outside of their network.

just make sure the servicing is done on time at the specified KM or months which ever comes first and keep the records of the servicing and if you ever need to make a claim you can produce the documented service history of the vehicle.

red_vxr

Reaction score
Members Ride
(don't have a commodore lel)
I don't think they would give you a hard time to work on your VXR because it wasn't serviced by Holden themselves. That just seems silly.

VZ1_60

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6.0L Club

Avoid Paceway / North City, poor service, really not interested in Holden. Gardners seem to be ok.

ads_german

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah, I realise manufacturers can't knock back claims for servicing at non-dealer mechanics, but we all hear the stories of people being given the runaround on claims, so I don't want to give GM any excuses should I ever need to make a claim for a major fault.

For various reasons I'm only just getting around to the first service now (apart from the 1500km check and 5k oil change). My car was 2018 built but first registered in Oct 20, sat barely used by the previous owner for a few months, followed by a few months in another car yard before I bought it. So only about 11,500kms, but 20 months registered/into warranty, and while I'll bring the servicing back into correct timelines over the next couple of services, I don't want to go out of my way to give GM any excuses to knock back potential claims.

All a moot point given it has been trouble free so far, but you never know...

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah, I realise manufacturers can't knock back claims for servicing at non-dealer mechanics, but we all hear the stories of people being given the runaround on claims, so I don't want to give GM any excuses should I ever need to make a claim for a major fault.

For various reasons I'm only just getting around to the first service now (apart from the 1500km check and 5k oil change). My car was 2018 built but first registered in Oct 20, sat barely used by the previous owner for a few months, followed by a few months in another car yard before I bought it. So only about 11,500kms, but 20 months registered/into warranty, and while I'll bring the servicing back into correct timelines over the next couple of services, I don't want to go out of my way to give GM any excuses to knock back potential claims.

All a moot point given it has been trouble free so far, but you never know...

You are going to get the "runaround" on a major claim no matter what you do.

Just make sure the services have been at the correct times or km whichever came first.
If the vehicle has missed any or the timings were off etc they will deny major claims.

If the vehicle was first registered in oct 20 it should have the first check around nov 20.
Then the first service around nov 21 or 12,000km.
The second service should be around nov 22 or 24,000km.

CalikL

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB V6 VXR 2019
Hey guys,
@ads_german have you found a place you've been happy with maybe? I'm about to do my first after-warranty service. I was using Paceway, mostly because they're close and I had to, but they are shockingly bad

ads_german

Reaction score
Hey guys,
@ads_german have you found a place you've been happy with maybe? I'm about to do my first after-warranty service. I was using Paceway, mostly because they're close and I had to, but they are shockingly bad
I used Gardeners (in Cannington from memory), they seemed ok, I'll be taking it back there shortly for another service and the brake software update/recall.

CalikL

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB V6 VXR 2019
Hey @ads_german,
thanks for the suggestion, I've ended up servicing my car there and in general I'm happy, definitely more happy than my previous place
For sure I will visit them again