Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ZB VXR vs Stinger 330i review

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Yeh, unfortunate but the ZB is just gonna be a big fail

Performance wise, and should have had its own name and not Commodore.

Fire the marketing exec whom thought be a good thing

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
How long before the engineers turbocharge the VRX I wonder .

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
How long before the engineers turbocharge the VRX I wonder .
They've already said it they won't because of mechanical and financial reasons. Plus from what that article says it doesn't seem like the gearbox or drive train could handle it anyway.
Taking all that into account, plus the fact they're asking 60K for the naturally aspirated V6, they would probably want 80K+ for a turbo version. Few would buy it at that price.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1

Davison

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16
Jesus Christ, what a circus. Commodore used to be worth talking about, bar none the greatest affordable high powered rear drive car on the planet.

Now we're all wasting our lives talking about some basic midsize economy car simply because some asshat at GM thought it would be profitable to put a Commodore badge on it. It's out of its depth, I feel sorry for the thing. They've handed an 11 year old some loose fitting boots and a rifle and sent it to war. It's confused and completely out of its league. I mean the gearbox couldn't even handle a slalom, are you kidding me.

It's not a Commodore and we need to stop calling it one, it's an insult to all of us. It's just a basic Insignia and nobody except confused Australians struggling to let go of their once great nameplate would be delusional enough to mention it in the same sentence as a Stinger, or any performance car.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
Jesus Christ, what a circus. Commodore used to be worth talking about, bar none the greatest affordable high powered rear drive car on the planet.

Now we're all wasting our lives talking about some basic midsize economy car simply because some asshat at GM thought it would be profitable to put a Commodore badge on it. It's out of its depth, I feel sorry for the thing. They've handed an 11 year old some loose fitting boots and a rifle and sent it to war. It's confused and completely out of its league. I mean the gearbox couldn't even handle a slalom, are you kidding me.

It's not a Commodore and we need to stop calling it one, it's an insult to all of us. It's just a basic Insignia and nobody except confused Australians struggling to let go of their once great nameplate would be delusional enough to mention it in the same sentence as a Stinger, or any performance car.
Certainly not a performance car (which is a big deal to us of ourse) but did we note that it out pointed the Stinger in every other category?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Next model. This way they make more money
You know, I reckon there's a very slim chance this might happen, given that the next model is likely to be a rebadged Buick made in China ...

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
i predict this will do only marginally better than Opel when it shipped here.

GM have a world of pain in store in our region.