Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Zone Alarm

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
It's just not my day. The hard drive I had everything on just crapped itself. Well I think it's the hard drive. When I rebooted it came up 'Windows could not load because the file "WINDOWS\CONFIG" something.... is corrupt or missing. Did a disk check and it said 'one or more sectors unrepairable'. So I chucked the XP disc back in and tried a repair, couldn't rebuild the boot sector so I just reloaded XP over the top again to keep me going until the new HD gets here. Then.....couldn't get my wireless going again. After numerous removing and adding and reconfiguring the wireless card still wouldn't go. It wasn't until I unplugged the power adaptor from the laptop to move it and then it recognised the network and connected. ****en thing.

So ATM I have only the Windows firewall going because I don't have the traffic issues I had before. I think I know why it was happening, I installed Nero so I could burn a DVD and because it lost the licence key I had to 'aquire' a new one. Although my AVG picked up a few viruses, I think there was some spyware downloaded that was somehow using my connection as a router. Anyway, all is good for now.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Just an update for those that are interested. My 320 gb HD arrived yesterday and I chucked everything on last night. My wireless worked first go. No Zone Alarm, I don't think the free version can be configured much.