Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What exhaust for VT 6 powerwise?

bsbozzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S V6 M5
Im after anew exhaust for my VT S, just wondering will a twin system or single system give more power?

MattK

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ V6
Hmmm

More Power ...

Extractors will improve power :

A 2.5inch high flow single is more than enough ....

But expect to lose some bottom end , at the same time , from around 2500RPM - youl feel more power ....

You need some back preassure , so the larger you go [ AKA free flowing ] the less back preassure there will be , so you lose some power while back preassure is built to a more fav level [ More RPM ] ....

You could go 3 inch , but the power might come on at around 4000RPM , possibly great for drag racing , but P Poor for daily driving ....

So , you want more power - worse fuel ecconomy ? [ Full 2.5 System ]
More power - Better fuel ecconomy ? [ Extractors ]
Stuff the price of fuel - I wana buy new tires every week ? [ How much $$ you got ? ]

:dance:

holden#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive V6
what would you expect to pay for a single 2.5'' exhaust with decent extractors? should you also get a high flow cat installed at the same time? hw much would this be?

MattK

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ V6
Geez

Let your fingers do the walking ! Yellow pages ....
Same product - wild pricing changes .. So ring at least 20 exhaust places for a quote , visit a few , and get product specs , or hit there web sites ...

I paid , less than $800 all up and fitted ....

Cat's ?? $100 and up ...

Im waiting till mine melts , Yep , I melted two Cats when I had the VL ..
Not sure if the Cat in the VS will melt :rofl:

I even melted a Turb Cat in my VL , :shutup: :shutup:

bsbozzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S V6 M5
I will probably get a sureflo system installed, i already have quotes on about 4 different setups, just need to know what gives more power, and greater fuel economy. I guess extractors and a dual 2/2.5 will do me fine.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
holden#1 said:
what would you expect to pay for a single 2.5'' exhaust with decent extractors? should you also get a high flow cat installed at the same time? hw much would this be?
about a grand for what you mentioned in our neck of the woods.

Jess walter

Jezzie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim
hey i payed 700 for mine but i havent got dule tho and i went to exhaust bros hopr this helps :)

customvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
4.2 vt executive
mine cost me 1100 bux thats hurricane extractors custom y piece with 2.5 inch magnaflo steel cat and 2.5 free flowing single

owens

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6
on my vt v6 auto.. i got extractors and 2.5 exhaust with a rear resi so its not too loud.. mine was about 750 all done. Did the catback first was about 330 or so got the extractors of ebay and got my mechanic to put em in. i also chucked in a new cai and k&n panel for a little more grunt. I used a redback exhaust and some xforce extractors (full mandrel bends) that have 1 5/8 primaries and 2 1/4 outlets. Very happy with the results.

pimpmyvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s-pac
in vic, the boys at inderpendent motorsports want $2200 for headers duel cats (before y peice) then 3 inch from the y peice back