Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1.95 Hi ratio rockers

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
Hey

This might sound like a stupid question though if i dont ask ill never know.

My mate is looking at getting some 1.95 Hi ratio rockers for his VS V6, though his car has done about 200 000km, and he was wondering if the rockers will put too much strain on other parts of the motor and stuff it up in the long run (motor not last as long) ??

He does give it a bit every so often so yeah motor probably trashed abit as well.

Thanks in advance

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
should be fine mate, lots of people put that sort of gear on at high k's, i know i put some rockers in at 180k and it was fine. i know of others you have put rockers and a s/c on at over 200k's and the engine is still going strong.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
probably the best bang for buck mod, best done with decent headers and exhaust and good cai setup

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
probably the best bang for buck mod, best done with decent headers and exhaust and good cai setup

Yeah hes got it chipped, exaust and induction kit, so yeah

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
All the rockers do is open the valves a bit more, they don't really strain any components. It may be a good idea just to replace the rocker bolts, as I have heard of another guy that had a bolt break after putting on high ratio rockers.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
^^^ they come with the RR's

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
Yes the YT rockers come with new bolts & new heavy duty pushrods.

Not an abba fan, i dare say the rockers that guy fitted were FIT rockers as you use your old bolts again which are torque to yield bolts! (hence why the YT rockers come with new bolts).

Holdenman7, it might pay to give Yella Terra a call or post in there section on this forum, they will have a price for you, however all YT VS-VY rockers are the same price!

EDIT: Just found a price, $695 a set + postage.

Last edited:

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
Yes the YT rockers come with new bolts & new heavy duty pushrods.

Not an abba fan, i dare say the rockers that guy fitted were FIT rockers as you use your old bolts again which are torque to yield bolts! (hence why the YT rockers come with new bolts).

Holdenman7, it might pay to give Yella Terra a call or post in there section on this forum, they will have a price for you, however all YT VS-VY rockers are the same price!

EDIT: Just found a price, $695 a set + postage.

ok thanks for that mate

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
All the rockers do is open the valves a bit more, they don't really strain any components. It may be a good idea just to replace the rocker bolts, as I have heard of another guy that had a bolt break after putting on high ratio rockers.

maybe the vavle springs are the only part that gets extra strain due to the greater lift. should be fine on a stock motor as long as you don't sit it above the red line continuesly. haven't really ever heard of vavle spring failure after fitting high ratio rockers so the motor will live happily for a long time with a much happier driver to boot