Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY V6 help on getting some boost happing

xmo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Sv6
Hey hows it going im new too the site i just got a Vy V6 ute hothousegreen,
ive got the pacemaker headers, new cat and 2, 3 quaters straight back.
i ve been reading alot of articles and i really wanna get some boost going, but i dont know what im doing im looking at a supercharger because of it being easy to install, being a tradie and having one car i dont have time to get a turbo on there, being a supercharger i dont want something that will start sucking in high pressure when im on the line i want something that will spool up a bit after ive taken off a bit like a turbo. After being in a lot jap cars i love the feeling off htting boost and being pushed back in the chair but i prefer the look of my ute. So can someone help me out the other problem is im on duel fuel Petrol and LPG which can be swithced over from inside the cab Can someone give me some prices and help me out please.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
welcome mate. to me it sounds like you want a raptor supercharger, have a look in raptors section to read up about the kits. they're pretty much what your asking for - they can be installed very easily, they're a centrifugal type, and they're great bang for your buck.

Raptorsc

RAPTR6
Reaction score
Website
www.raptorsc.com.au
Members Ride
Hilux 4.0 V6 SC 400kw
The dual fuel could be an issue, would you like to post up some under bonnet pics of your setup please. A lot of people want to do this with dual fuel so its time we come through with a workable solution

xmo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Sv6
photo.php

here is a photo of the lpg coming of the air intake its round cylinder that looks like a turbo hope you can think of something, its possible to probal swith it off when you swith over from petrol to gas

xmo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Sv6
how do i add an attachment is there any sites u can upload photo's

xmo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Sv6
hopefully they should work ill get some better pics up as time goes on