Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Twin Turbo

Majesticknights

The Dark Prince
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL HDT Calais Wagon Brock 346 stroker
ok i have a 5.0Ltr vn and with little work i have it around the 400hp mark but i'm not quite happy.
i'm thinking of going twin turbo, i was just wondering what recomendations u guys would have and where i could buy this gear from. i was thinking 2 Garate t35 turbos hanging off custom manifolds and about a 10Ltr plenem, dish top pistons and 2 seperate fuel rails one to each bank of the engine direct from the tank to ensure even pressure on each side.

has anyone seen this done and if so can u make some suggestions as to wheather this is a good combination or make a suggestion or 2?
all input will be greatly appreciated

cheers

P

PoweruP

Majesticknights said:
ok i have a 5.0Ltr vn and with little work i have it around the 400hp mark but i'm not quite happy.
What have you done to the engine so far to get it bangin out 400hp, and is that at the fly or rear?

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
Blown Calais

Would it be easier cheaper and better to get ur self a blower? be over a 10k job and well worth every dollar 2 get u doin wild 400m times.

All tho 1000hp are said 2 be maid off twin turbo 5L with lots of work....

I agree with powerup, what have u done 2 get it puttin out 400hp? im guessin @ wheels thats a few bit of horses. ;)

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
Well plus depending on whats been done to the engine to make it output that sort of power may be unsuitable to supercharge or turbo the engine as well

cheers
Scott

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
vkberlina said:
Well plus depending on whats been done to the engine to make it output that sort of power may be unsuitable to supercharge or turbo the engine as well

cheers
Scott
well said you may have to decompress, twin turbo's to expensive, for a "v"motor i recomend a whipple charger (scew type SC not vain type)

Majesticknights

The Dark Prince
Reaction score
Members Ride
that is at the fly.
it has shaved heads, os valves, os injectors, modified injection (was done when i got it so i dunno what it is) and i think but arnt sure that it has been bored out bout 30thou

anyhow with decompresing i was planing on running diffrent heads with os valves in them and dish top pistons also throughout the week i spotted a diffrent type of twin turbo. this was in a mazda sedan drag car, it has a small turbo feeding into a massive turbo like a truck one it was that big and this car can almost wheelstand the whole drag strip.

i was looking at this config but i will go the most cost effective in terms of power for $ has anyone seen this turbz setup the little one runs from idle to bout 5800rpm and then the big one takes charge

what do u think of this and would it be the better option?

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
never seen that setup but quite interested. id imagine that would eliminate alot of lag from the bigger turbs.

Majesticknights

The Dark Prince
Reaction score
Members Ride
yer it does, the little turbz is purerly to feed the bigger one as it loves fuel. big power though and not that expensive to do

Just_Ice

Reaction score
I know your over East but call Active Automotives and Performance centre in Canning Vale WA... (08) 94561111..

Eddy Tassone has a VH with Twin Turbos... I think it pumps out more than 1000+ hp....
PERTH Holden v Ford show 2004 - 1186HP on dyno... Think it runs about an 8.1sec 1/4 mile..

Haven't seen any others with it though but they may be able to point you in the right direction for someone your side of oz...

Majesticknights

The Dark Prince
Reaction score
Members Ride
i will do that but if anyone knows any one over this way it would be good for discussion as both methods would produce +1000hp or very close to it and i just wannna know what would be best for the dola