Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

exhaust advice

R

riss

Im getting an exhaust next week vs clubby with pacemakers, twin high flow cats into twin 2 1/4 into single 3 out the rear. I just wanted to know if I should get a resonator or just the straight pipe out the back. some people say that you loose bottom end buy not having a resinator, is this true?and do you get a loud enogh note with the resinator on? 2 grand fitted is the best price ive got for this system so far.

Lish

Shake That
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Commodore
i dont know much bout resinators but my mate has a vx clubsport and said hes f'ing his resinator right off for power reasons... but he might not know anything either and was trying to look good hahahahah

Love vr/vs clubbys reckon they are the best clubbys ever!!!
got any pics of it??

Lish

Shake That
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Commodore
opps im in my girlfriends name hahahahahahha. *mikevxss is me

R

riss

na i'll have to get my arse into gear and take some photos, I only bought it about a month ago.

G

GRANT ROBERTSON

What They Are Saying Is Crap All A Resinator Does Is Qeuitin It Down A Bit U Should Not Loose Any Power Or Torque

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
grant robenson i think the only thing that is crap are your posts! ive read a few of them and it is obvious you have no idea what you are on about!, if you dont know, dont act like you do and give stupid advice like the "advice" you gave the guy who just bought a vz monaro and wanted an exhaust system...that is all.

EDIT: just read your profile...you joined today, not a good way to start off, hope your future posts are more helpfull, and if so welcome to the forums,we are actually a friendly bunch :thumbsup:

H

HSV1992

2 grand for twin 2 1/4 into single 3 is pretty pricey, you get a twin 2 1/2 stainless system for no more than $1800.
But a resonator will be good, coz it will fart and splutter with the 3 inch pipe

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
GRANT ROBERTSON said:
What They Are Saying Is Crap All A Resinator Does Is Qeuitin It Down A Bit U Should Not Loose Any Power Or Torque
ANd how do you know this my pre-pubesant friend? No offence mate, but advice from a 16 year old on modiffying a car.........:unsure:
AirStrike :air:

TAILS83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
well, my brother has a VTII SS, tuned with no rear ressy he got 269rwhp, then after getting the ressy put back on and retuned he got 281rwhp.

the only mods he has is paccies and twin 2.5in zorst, CAI and K+N panel filter. and tuned at TBS.

so this is a real personal experience, not just talking ****.

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
I was going to get my resinator takin off the other day but the bloke said if you take it off you will loose a bit of bottom end power.