Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supercharging a 5 Litre

weedo_86

JC Resident FireFighter
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
03 VYII Clubby M6, 92 Barina With Sunroof :)
Hey all, i am thinkin about charging my VS Clubby. Has anyone done this before? What will need to be changed? How Much would it cost to get up and running?

Also Turbo Charged 5 litre's has this been done before? what is involved in doing this mod?

any feedback will be appreciated

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
capa make supercharger kits for about $7000 basic.... everything done
yella terra have a kit which is about $4500 but you need to ay someone to set it up and dyno tune the thing
theres plenty of threads on this topis so maybe have a search and see what you can find

ssn8r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS Supercharged
flow heads
cam
bigger injectors
high pressure/variable fuel reg
fuel pump
chip

weedo_86

JC Resident FireFighter
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
ssn8r said:
flow heads
cam
bigger injectors
high pressure/variable fuel reg
fuel pump
chip

how much would these parts generally cost? as boona15 said it costs about $7k for a capa kit and about $4500 for a yella terra. looks like i will need a fair bit of cash behind me to do this. I am lookin for a Cam and chip same ones that are in the 215i senator not having much luck though

ssn8r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS Supercharged
depends if you buy the kit new or 2nd hand man. but yeah you will be lookin at between 5-10k (all setup) depending on condition of your kit. but the prices vary on the brand, whether its gear driven or centrifigual/belt driven etc

depending on how much boost you are going to be running you may want to fit forged pistons in too to save you later when you up the psi., but if you keep the psi between 5 - 8psi roughly, you should be fine and wont need pistons.. stock bottom end will do.. just like mine.

svx002

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Pac 2001 Series 2 - Supercharged
Supercharged V8?

I've heard supercharged VS 8s are off their nut, although for that amount of performance, and the price, wouldn't you be better off trading in your current beast and upgrading to a VX Gen3 V8? (I hear they're less than $20Kish nowadays) or even a VY SV8 (250Kilowatts) for about $25K?

ssn8r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS Supercharged
maybe weedo wants to have a one of a kind car ;)

weedo_86

JC Resident FireFighter
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
I do infact want a one of a kind car lol ever since i brought this car ive ssen them everywhere. but would they be able to catch me in my supercharged 5 litre:driving:

ssn8r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS Supercharged
yeah thought you'd wana be unique.. mate they can catch you but as long as you get the car engineered once you got it modified you;ll be sweet. as for the epa there are other guidelines... it keeps on giong.

weedo_86

JC Resident FireFighter
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
ssn8r, how much did it cost for you to supercharge your ss? what psi are you running it at? how hard does it go? I want it for more power. im also after more low down torque that wont cost an arm n a leg any suggestions...... i think i may be going over board i want everything lol but hey cant stop a kid from dreaming