Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what exhaust?

weedo_86

JC Resident FireFighter
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
03 VYII Clubby M6, 92 Barina With Sunroof :)
hey guys goin to get a new cat back exhaust soon just wondering what i should get. currently i got a redback 2 1/4 inch cat back and hm headers i dont want to change the headers they are designed for a single cat system. i just want it too be louder and more growl

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
Exhaust

Weedo if you want it louder its not the pipe work as such but selection of the muffler,bending type and type of matereial of pipe work eg stainless steel :whistling.

I Would go either Magnaflow - Built in U.S.A or Lukey - Built in Australia

1. Magnaflow Muffler High Flow 409 Stainless Steel - like mine but in 2.5"

Lukey Ultra flow 2.5" Stainless Steel

Go Stainless Last Longer and Looks nicer, i know its under the car but eh :thumbsup:

Lukey Ultra Flow Muffler

The Lukey Ultra Flo muffler features a straight-through design for ultimate flow, power and performance. Its design is ideal for the driver who wants performance as well as the famous Lukey growl.

Available in two variations - polished Stainless Steel or Aluminum Coated Mild Steel (ACMS).
The high chromium polished Stainless Steel Lukey Ultra Flo has stainless steel wool wrapped around the perforated tube and is packed with high temp Continuous Roving Fibreglass (CRF) for maximum sound control.
The ACMS Lukey Ultra Flo is constructed with a 1.2mm ACMS shell and features a 409 Stainless Steel mandrel-bent continuous perforated tube. It's also packed with hi-temp Continuous Roving Fibreglass (CRF) for maximum sound control.
The Stainless Steel Lukey Ultra Flo is backed by a 5-year warranty, and the ACMS Lukey Ultra Flo is backed by a 2-year warranty.

www.lukey.com.au

Attachments

• MagnaFlow.JPG
    MagnaFlow.JPG
    19.4 KB · Views: 197
  • ultra flow.jpg
    ultra flow.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 174

xcop5l

4th year spanner spinner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN ex cop 5L
Weedo if you want it louder its not the pipe work as such but selection of the muffler,bending type and type of matereial of pipe work eg stainless steel :whistling.

I Would go either Magnaflow - Built in U.S.A or Lukey - Built in Australia

1. Magnaflow Muffler High Flow 409 Stainless Steel - like mine but in 2.5"

Lukey Ultra flow 2.5" Stainless Steel

Go Stainless Last Longer and Looks nicer, i know its under the car but eh :thumbsup:

Lukey Ultra Flow Muffler

The Lukey Ultra Flo muffler features a straight-through design for ultimate flow, power and performance. Its design is ideal for the driver who wants performance as well as the famous Lukey growl.

Available in two variations - polished Stainless Steel or Aluminum Coated Mild Steel (ACMS).
The high chromium polished Stainless Steel Lukey Ultra Flo has stainless steel wool wrapped around the perforated tube and is packed with high temp Continuous Roving Fibreglass (CRF) for maximum sound control.
The ACMS Lukey Ultra Flo is constructed with a 1.2mm ACMS shell and features a 409 Stainless Steel mandrel-bent continuous perforated tube. It's also packed with hi-temp Continuous Roving Fibreglass (CRF) for maximum sound control.
The Stainless Steel Lukey Ultra Flo is backed by a 5-year warranty, and the ACMS Lukey Ultra Flo is backed by a 2-year warranty.

www.lukey.com.au

i will agree with you on the magnaflow mufflers i have 2 3inch on the vn 5ltr and it sounds tough but not too loud. if you want loud go for one.

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
cool man are these a Jap / U.S.A Aussie Brand?

xcop5l

4th year spanner spinner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN ex cop 5L
http://www.magnaflow.com/01home.asp
there made in the usa. you can get a full exaust system for just about any jap/pommy/yanky made car. not much in the way of aussie cars,