Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust for 5.0l VN-VP I want the V8 Gurgle.

MoSkA

Steriotypical Wog
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Subaru WRX
As the title says.. I saw a VN 5.0 2 nights ago. It was what I call Salmon in colour and had the full SV body kit. It had a sound like no other VN I have seen, it sounded like a big V8 with the very low gurgle sound. It's the only way I can describe it. It sounded like a Ford 8 from one of those ford ads.

Can anyone tell me how I can get that gurgle in my vn-vp 8 (the one I'm buying soon enough)?

Thanks in advance.

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
I have an EFI 5L im pretty happy with my exhaust note,

2 1/2" pacemakers, into twin cats into a single 3" muffler out to the rear through a 3" hotdog all 3" mandrell bent.

You want something with some fairly major head work, to get a really nice not, if the engine is standard you might want to opt for 2.5 out the rear else you might loose power.

cheers
Scott

MoSkA

Steriotypical Wog
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Subaru WRX
How much would a system like that set me back?

Mark

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
dont bother go for a complete twin system 2 1/4 inch. hm headers are the best you can get. if not go for the pacemakers. get the stock cats from vn-vr there core is 2 1/4 and they flow pretty good, then get ya catback my recommendation is a lukey muffler part number is L2290 (straight through with centre expansion chamber) and matching ressy's. that should give u a hell of a note. im pretty sure that muffler is 2 1/4 inch aswell. if u want it louder get rid of the ressy's if u want it beefier but a touch quieter get the ressies

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b

geardys

GEARDY
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 v8 ute 5sp
i'd also would not bother to go for a complete twin system .
i have pacemakers on my 95 vr v8 ute. stock cat that has meet a cole chisel ;-) followed by a 2 1/4 system into a lukey muffler (i think its a L2290) and staright out the back.
from what everybody has told me its loud and sounds like a v8 super car. it also has that deep burble and once it warms up, throws flames. :flame:

if you where going to have the engine tricked up u bit, i'd try a twin system, pacemakers, twin high flow cats, and sraight out (2 1/4 or 2 1/2 inch) with twin hotdogs. no mufflers or ressy.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
the best sounding exhausts cost big $$$s. I've got a full twin 2.5 system on my calais, with paceys, twin hi flow cats, twin hi flow mufflres and a single resi.

If you wanna hear what mine sounds like, watch this vid, and my car is about a minute and a half in.
clicky
oh, don't take note of the driving, thats was all on closed roads, with police fire and ambulance crews on standby.

EVL253

i hate cops!
Reaction score
Members Ride
cranky black VB SLE
luky aernt that great? depends on which ones u get.ive got lukey race stuff and not only is it well made it flows heaps and sounds good.its quiet at idle but yeah doesnt muffle the best being straight thru 3 inch setup.still toughest sounding V8 in my town.it cost me 680 bucks to install the pacies i supplied and run dual 2 1/4 mandrel into 3 inch mandrel with a lukey race bullet and lukey race muffler all jammed under there and dumpd at the diff.

ive always had lukey stuff and never had a problem with the sound of it it or quality.