Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Project VH...

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Hey everyone, kinda new to Just Comodores.. thought id throw up some of my Project VH, it was an sl/e, but i took some of the crome moulding off, around the windows, to just leave the one crome strip around the border, and took the bonnet strip off, but thinking im gunna put it back on soon, currently its just a rolling shell, with a nine inch, motor and box got robbed by my sister to put into her HQ tonner.. - (gurls car - mild 3.3 blue shift kitted and 2500stall traumatic...) so far its fully shaved, (yea fully sick bro!!) hint the sarcasim,
door handles, ALL GOOOONE!! haha..
door mould strips,
ariel,
exhaust recess filled,
fuel filler moved to behind the number plate,
the spare tyre well shaved, so when u look at the back, it doesnt hang down beside fuel tank, thinking maybe down the line a drop tank, or cover to go all the way accross the back..
all seams shaved, except gaurds and front apron,
spayed up in delft blue.. VY commodore stock colour, the bonnet and roof still need to be cut back and buffed, and the headlights and grill arent properly installed, just threw em in there for a foto... and the bonnet needs adjusting..
235/30r20, delux wheels, not sure what type, currently they're back on my VY daily driver, but when the VH gets going, they'l have a permanent home on it..
dash painted satin black, just have to do the steering collum, and find a nice steering wheel,
mmm thats close to it for now, ran outta money, but soon ill get back into it, let me know what you guys think, and what sort of motor should go into her, as im all over the place and cant decide, either jap 6 turbs, v6 - ehh last resort, or the big 8, probly supercharged, preferably carby, mmm unsure.. take it easy fellas.. and ladies..

zeussy-albums-vh-picture83624-dsc01384.jpg

zeussy-albums-vh-picture83625-dsc01626.jpg

Last edited:

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
Not bad mate....only thing I'd do is rub it back more and give it a good polish. Apart from that it looks tops, coming along good. Should chuck a V8 in it.....308, and poke the air cleaner out through the bonnet, would look tuff as!

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
yeaa im gunna buff it more, bonnet and roof need a good rubbing, thats just off the gun acrylic, just gotta get some cutting compound, soon,

yeaa u rekon v8 aswell, i think it has to be, otherwise it'd just be a waste to the 9inch, i want 6/71 blower ontop fed by twin carbs, with faily high manifolds, i want shiney metal out the bonnet! :w00t:

Last edited:

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
hmm, because money's being a bit tight at the moment, im thinking of suicide'ing the rear doors, but because of how they're shaped im thinking it would only be possible to use one big fat hinge, on the top half of the door - i am still trying to decide what hinges to use.. at the moment im leaning towards the hinges on the big back door/boot of a 4WD.. not 100% sure what ones yet, more research needed..

if any of you guys have any ideas let me know what you think..

take it easy guys..

Last edited:

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well bored as.. let me fill you in on what i've been thinking for a motor... looking into a L98, possibly F/I, with the 6speed manual behind it, could be quite a little weapon?!! power to weight ratio could be fun...

Last edited:

TUK20Z

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive s1 & vh sl
hey mate... what you were saying about the suicide rear doors the only way to get them engineered is to join the hinges as one to support the weight of the door so u have the right idea there...that would be diff... i want to do it to my vy...

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, I was thinking along the lines of that, but before I start on that, I would def. be speaking to an engineer, to see what he wanted.. lol

Your VY looks crazy as man, I love it, in the process of shaving the doors on mine, you can see the write up and pics in MY VY Thread, and was thinking to doing the door mold lines aswell, similar to this VH, but ill wait till I finish the door handles and see how keen I am, lol,

This poor thing hasn't been touched in quite a while, been concentrating on the VY more latley, but will get back into it when the newer ones upto scratch...

Sooo, you know an engineer??!! lol

Will be looking into the bag kit for the VY aswell when money permits,

TUK20Z

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive s1 & vh sl
cheers man yeah i know an enginneer who is strict but fair and i never get defected since engineered... if u ever need any advice on paint or bags or anything i do most work myself with a mate we can do pretty much anything.. and im a spraypainter by trade so could come in handy... also how do i have a pic when i post a comment and do u know how to post a big pic instead of thumbnail cuz i dont lol... where bouts u from...

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ahh yeah, sweet as, you want your engineer to be sorta strict - because you/I want it done safely, so thats good, do you think i'd need and engineers cert. for shaved door handles? there is still and external entry point on it, but no lock??

Yeah I might 'pick your brain' a bit bout the painting, see where im going wrong... And probly a bit on bags too, lol, I think i've got them figured out - i'm a plant /deisel mechanic, so im familiar with air systems, but probly not with the 'air bag' technical regulations and such..

Haha, yess you could come in handy, lol!! I do need a spray painter, I can pretty much do most of the other stuff, upto priming.. but painting seems to be taking me a while to learn. lol,

Do you mean a pic next to your name? = avatar, or a pic in your post?

If you mean in your post, with the big pics - you have to upload them into an album on here, in your 'user cp' or up the top of this page where it says quicklinks, click on pictures and albums, then create an album, upload some pics, click on the pics one its uploaded, and use the bottom link, copy and paste that into your post and voila!!