Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holley help

zaczac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Supercharged
Hi,
I am having issues with the varajet so got hold of a cheap 350 holley/adapter plate/manifold.

She is dirty and will need a kit and clean but all parts seem to move OK and work.

few Q's - is the orientation right? as some pics on net look different.
what sort of 'auto'? choke system is this? is it a water type? if not where the hell does the wire attach? or is it just heat based?

can anyone post pics of how they hooked up the accelerator cable? or is there a kit somewhere?

thank
jas

Attachments

• holley (4)email..JPG
    holley (4)email..JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 473
  • holley email..JPG
    holley email..JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 821

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
cheap 350 holley , great way to get a defect notice on your car for emissions good luck

zaczac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Supercharged
also any diagrams of fitting the vaccum lines etc
and anyone got ideas on where I can get the accelerator cable issue sorted. Do I need a V8 cable and some sort of adaptor?
jas

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
We chucked one on a 202 the other week. Just used a bit or angle iron, cut a slice in one side, bent it up about 45 degrees. Put 2 holes in the bottom so it bolts up to the normal bracket mount. Drill a small hole in the other end for the return spring to clip onto, and make a hole for ur cable to sit in, then put a slice going into the hole for the cable to slip through.....sort of like the pic attached.

Not sure about the length of the cable. The car we made the bracket for was a dirt circuit car, and the cable is coming out of the passenger side anyways. If the 6cyl one won't fit, just get a V8 cable as they're a bit longer.

Attachments

• holley_202_accele&#.jpg
    holley_202_accele&#.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 260

zaczac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Supercharged
PS, I need a V8 accelerator cable if anyone has one cheap!

also chasing a holley air filter to suit.

thanks for that last tip...it looks like previous owner has already done what you said, so will see if it reaches. Did u use v* cable or 6?

jas
also how do you tell what size jets it has? and what are best for a std engine with extractors/exhaust?

Last edited:

project commy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk 202
i used a v8 cable as the 6 cable isnot long enough, as for the choke i removed mine totally because on my motor it was plying up n was more hassle than it was worth, the standard cable bracket is ok to use as long as you bend it slightly so that the cable isnt pulling at 90 degree angle. im not 100 percent sure on jet sizes but start with around 65's. just un screw the 4 large screws on the fuel bowl this will let you remove the bowl and metering block on one side of the block you will have your jets they are stamped with a number on the rim this is the jet size. on the other side is your power valve it may need replacing as once they have been used and allowed to dry out they go to **** usually. also check the plunger diaphragm on the undeside of the fuel bowl, with plunger assembley attatched to bowl depress lever a small burst of air should come out of the little hole if not the diaphragm needs replacing it will have its size stamped on it too. be careful not too overtighten these screws on underside of bowl as they strip very easily. i hope this helps.

zaczac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Supercharged
its a 7508-1 if that helps.

I am still trying to find out if I need to hook up any of the vacumm lines to run it as there are heaps but I have factory manifold so the vacumm lines are already being used etc.

also the choke is weird. does the threaded line on this choke get hooked up to anything?

project commy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk 202
on the holley on my blue 202 there is only 1 vacume line to the holley this comes from the dizzy n goes to the metering block.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
ported vacuum to the dizzy, full vacuum to the trans, full vacuum to the heater, full vacuum to the PCV. the threaded connection on the choke (if its the same as an 8) goes to the heat riser thing. on a V8 its a copper tube that goes in the inlet valley. you can just block off the hose for simplicity. it heats up a coil inside the cylinder thingine on the side of the carb and when the metal gets hot it twists the choke open. if you disconnect it though you will probably have to zip-tie the choke mechanism open to stop it from flapping closed under deceleration and konking out your engine.

edit* just put your varijet back on and learn how to tune it :p