Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

in whith the new out whith the old

sl/x.vh.350holley

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh sl/x 5speed
hi iv got a vh sl/x 202 5speed iv just put a 350 holley on it with stage 2 race came and a set of pacemacker exstrackters as well as a locker diff and line locker so much fun just need the tuneing rite and more rpm rev out only can get it to 3500 to 4500 and the it splutters wont more out the engenen how ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????.
iv heard u can put a holley fule pump. HELP ME

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

sl/x.vh.350holley

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh sl/x 5speed
nu it and rooted the 350 holley just got kitted out be 4 i put it on and the head i sent to my mate tonkys heads and the cam never been used but its a stage 2 race cam just wont it to get that top end is got bottom end just no top end

bjwynd

Reaction score
Members Ride
vb sl
dude you should get 5500 to 6000 rpm out of a stocker its a fule prob i would say pump not keeping up it could be a spark prob but i dont think so

sl/x.vh.350holley

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh sl/x 5speed
maybe but just last week i rebuit it but thinking of getting a holly fule pump and geting rid of the old mecanical one wot u giys think but dont no wot size in the holley fule pumps

bjwynd

Reaction score
Members Ride
vb sl
not shure i had a worked 202 yellow terra heads redline inlet manifold extractors and cam never had a pob with the standed pump keeping up and i could pull 110 kms out of 1st gear with a slugmatic behind it so it had heaps of top end

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
My bro has the same carby on his 202, it was forever playing up and no one could work out what was wrong with it including friends and 3 different mechanics.

In the end he just kept taking it back to the same place over and over and it ended up being the steel float, had a tiny pin hole you couldn't even see with your eye that was letting fuel in and weighing down and flooding all the time. Making the carby think it always needs more fuel and drowning the engine making is splutter.

Not sure if you have checked out the float but they just replaced it with a plastic one and it ran perfect ever since.

bjwynd

Reaction score
Members Ride
vb sl
couldnt tell you i just got it done at a carbi place told them what it was going on and what had been done bolted it on mucked around doing the mixture for about 20 min and thats it

Tree cutter

Tree cutter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais SuperchargedV6
The carby has probably got the wrong main jets in it. A carby normally runs on the idle jets up until around 2500 rpm and then gradually uses the main jets more as the revs rise. Normally an engine splutters because it is running rich and will surge when running lean.