Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE oil sender

glennho

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS -1977 HX Premier,2012 Hilux 4x4
Im just putting in the 2 gauge pod in the ss and would like to know where exactly is the oil sender on the l98? Thanks.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
extra guages

Im just putting in the 2 gauge pod in the ss and would like to know where exactly is the oil sender on the l98? Thanks.

not sure where the sender is but you have to put in a new sender for the extra guages (spoke to a performance shop- torque power who tuned my car) i did this exact install, not alot of info around on it. for power-ignition/light/earth connections use the circarette plug bottom of console on the right, when you take the panel off the plug slides forward to remove from its mount, either get the plug to suit or use some insulated crimps to fit. I fitted my sender just above oil filter, there is a small triangular shaped fitting bolted to engine, I drilled and tapped this to suit the sender thread (1/8 NPT) i think. I actually bought another from holdens and did it so if i stuffed up the car wasn't off the road, part about $30, gasket to suit $32, not at home at present otherwise could send you pic's, part no. etc will be home wednesday if you still want any further info, JHP sells an adaptor also for this, remove above part and replace with theirs, can buy seperately from their guage kit

glennho

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks mate!

glennho

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks for the pics,looks pretty simple to do.

Calais57

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6.0
Guys, you can get a fitting like a double adaptor that's fits the existing sender bung. You screw 2 senders into it. I have ordered one but not received it yet. Not at home at the moment but will post a link to the site. Not sure but I think JHP may have them as well.

glennho

Reaction score
Members Ride
Guys, you can get a fitting like a double adaptor that's fits the existing sender bung. You screw 2 senders into it. I have ordered one but not received it yet. Not at home at the moment but will post a link to the site. Not sure but I think JHP may have them as well.

that would have helped a week or two ago but post the link anyway for others to suss out who want to do the gauge install.

Calais57

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6.0
that would have helped a week or two ago but post the link anyway for others to suss out who want to do the gauge install.
Ordered my Oil sender double adaptor from Crazy Pauls who sell parts for Holden, HSV and G8.
Home

I hope to fit it this weekend. See photos below.

Oilsender1.png
Oilsender2.png