Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2011 VE timing chain issue

ad45

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT wagon S2
Im just wondering if anyone has had a timing chain issue with a series 2 2011, ive read that it was a big issue with the series 1 but ive been told that mine has gone im shattered

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Sadly it seems to be an issue with lots of the alloytech motors.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
So what's the cars history?

Kms. in total? How often serviced with what oil? Last oil change. Cars history? i.e. How many owners?

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
Im just wondering if anyone has had a timing chain issue with a series 2 2011, ive read that it was a big issue with the series 1 but ive been told that mine has gone im shattered

So what is the problem with it? First time I've heard of a series II having this problem. I just traded a series 1 MY10 SV6 on a SS (same age as the SV6), as far as I know the timing chain was OK on my SV6 (109,000 Kms first registered December 2009). If the later cars are starting to have this problem it's a shame because I do think the SV6 with SIDI is a good car and good engine for those who don't want to go a V8, pretty good power I think considering it's not a light car.

ad45

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT wagon S2
Its done 116000, i only got it four months ago as a family car, it has a full service history at the same mechanic, it sucks

al..

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Series 2 ss

that's no good.....when driving the car can you tell if the timing chain is gone? or you only found out when your mechanic told you?

SV6.07

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6 Nitrate & 2011 VE SV6 Poison Ivy
be careful get a positive check done. i have heard some mechs have told ppl timing chain is gone. when its not. i would be getting someone with a code scanner and read the codes on your car. it will throw codes most times.. and if u get someone who has a scanner ask to see the codes. don't just go by what the mech has told you. i even heard of one person she was told has to get a new motor. as hers is stuffed from the chains. has yours broken or whats happening ?. most time (before they break) it will sound so crappy. and noisy. it will sometimes go into limp mode to protect itself. you might even find out from Holden. ( not the dealer) head office it could be under warranty. if its been serviced like clockwork the chains shouldn't of gone on it. i know Holden have covered some timing chain repairs under warranty before . wouldn't hurt to give them a call. don't ask the dealer as there only going to say its not covered u kick up enough stink to Holden about this shouldn't of happened to a car that is well serviced and looked after they might help out

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
check this out , it may help you out , double click to enlarge .

Attachments

• Scan0002 (2).jpg
    Scan0002 (2).jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 1,890